Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #1 
Campbell

Red face Just getting back into bettas...

Hey everyone.
I use to frequent this site, but have been absent the past few months. I have a few new questions.

Over the summer I got pretty neglectful with my bettas. I was use to do bi weekly 30% water changes, but I started only doing like 90% changes once a month. But now that schools back in, I'm getting back to the old schedule. I'm planning on completely breaking down and cleaning out my tanks this weekend...

1. If neither of my fish seem ill is it okay to use the same cups to scoop water out? If I rinse it?
2. Whenever I feed my female it takes her several tries to get the pellet. She misses it. Is this a sight problem?
3. What is the best way to completely clean out gravel?

Thanks!
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #2 
Rain Drop

1. I wouldn't just to be safe....infections and the sort do pop up before you even notice it after all. An easier way might be to use a gravel vacuum though. I have this one
2. I'm not sure....as long as she does get it in the end it should be fine. Sometimes Caesar misses too because he's too eager =P
3. Again, use a vacuum to get debris while it's in the tank. To completely rinse I have a large small hole pasta strainer that I use. I just dump the gravel in there and rinse it well with super hot water from the bath tub. Some people rinse and also soak.
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote