Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #21 
LebronTheBetta

Is Temple.. Gone? If she is, I'll never forgive myself. ):

I don't think there's much to do anymore. The Epsom is the non-scented ones right? And if you think they're suffering, it might be best to euthanize. But that's when there's no hope! And you still have hope, right? I still do. Good luck with your bettas.
LebronTheBetta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #22 
HazelrahLayna7

Location: A lovely valley in VA, USA But Inkworld, Mossflower woods, Farsala, or The TARDIS is good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Is Temple.. Gone? If she is, I'll never forgive myself. ):

I don't think there's much to do anymore. The Epsom is the non-scented ones right? And if you think they're suffering, it might be best to euthanize. But that's when there's no hope! And you still have hope, right? I still do. Good luck with your bettas.
Yes, Temple is gone. But I'm not allowed to beat up on myself, I did all that I could, so don't you go doing it either because you were wonderful help!!

Yesterday was a really long day spent with bickersome cousins so I'm afraid I melted into slight hysterics when I saw them. Everything's brighter come the morning, as the saying goes. The epsom is unscented, I got it nearly...wow, two years ago when I first got a betta. I don't suppose it's age would matter..?

Professor and Diva are still with us. They don't seem to be suffering by what I can tell but I'll be watching them like a hawk and am willing if it comes euthanizing either. To be honest, Diva's complete lack of control over swimming is a bit freaky....however, I did see her sort of 'squirm' a little over the bottom. Not a lot, and she went back to her side, but the fact she can move a bit is reassuring. I've propped up the container at a bit of a tilt to provide a shallower area, in case she needs the lesser water to get to the surface easier. Beyond that and the epsom salt it's up to her to kick this thing in the back fins.

Professor seems to be doing okay over all, mostly hanging out on his side but moving when there's cause to. I'm considering giving him some food(Like, a single pellet, I'd love to do more but I don't want to over do it) and seeing if he perks up... I know it could potentially hold up the issue or even make it worse, and he can last for a bit longer, which is why I'm holding back so far. I wasn't quite sure that his floating was a part of it, and while it possibly was he isn't doing it any more. Hm.

(Just saw that your Lebron died. Lots and lots of hugs for you, he's swimming in peace now and I'm sure you were the best caretaker he could have asked for. <3)

Last edited by HazelrahLayna7; 07-06-2013 at 08:33 AM.
HazelrahLayna7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

My condolences for Temple. ): Good luck with your current bettas!

And thank you, he will be missed.
LebronTheBetta is online now   Reply With Quote