Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #1 
DragonFish

Breeding Max...?

So, my mom has a Doubletail male called Max, very cute, active, and re growing his fins nicely after a small bit of fin rot that I was lucky enough to catch early. My mom loves Max and thinks his fin shape is just the coolest looking thing ever and since I'd been looking more into breeding she wanted be to find a girl for him and breed him. However, I have a couple concerns....on the left half of his body, it looks like his scales have been smooshed together and his body shape in general looks a little...squeashed. Maybe thats just because of his huge tail....but anyway, I worry that these are some sort of deformities that could affect his babies negatively heath-wise.
Any thoughts? Here are a couple pictures of both sides of him...

Right side:

Left side:
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Woah!! He is gorgeous! That is weird how his scales are... DBTs have problems with SBD very often because of their short bodies. Honestly, I wouldn't risk breeding him and ending up with deformed babies. But, that's just me. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #3 
DragonFish

xD Yes, I ended up getting a good explanation about it all on another forum....I won't be breeding him He'll just stay my moms loving little pet betta xD

Ugh, this really narrows my options though....running out of room and only have two males that would be breeding material at the moment, Smore and Supernova. And then Nami and Phoenix would be the only girls I could breed....I'm not sure if Tetsuya is infertile or not.....
....Time to go female shopping at Petsmart!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #4 
doggyhog

YAY!!! I love betta shopping! Smore and my female Angel would go well together... But NO stealing OK!?!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #5 
AlexXx

Such a pretty double tail, mine is almost the same, but more black and less red
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Haha, okay, promise not to steal mine and I promise not to steal yours I saw that picture of your Angel, gorgeous!

Yeah, I'm going for an Opaque female for Smore....haven't decided what I want yet for Supernova Hopefully something lavenderish...if there even ARE females like that ;P

Thanks Alex XD Yeah, Max was the only healthily looking guy left when we went to pick him up...he was expensive too, but mom fell in love with him