Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #31 
crowntaillove3

Yay! Could you post pics of the new fish?
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #32 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove3 View Post
Yay! Could you post pics of the new fish?
oh yes i can..they will be up in like 1hour at the most
mybabyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #33 
mybabyjets

so i cant post pics, but i can do my best to explain them, black fire is well black with alittle pink near the head and black lips (hes my fav), and zebra is white and has yellow like stripes going down his body, and fire has a white head and then it goes to yellow and slowly gets darker near the end of his body and then he has this orange all around the end of his body...
Old 07-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #34 
Beckylovesbettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Male guppies with females would breed like crazy. I don;t know if multiple males can live together?? I know guppies are social.

Are you open to having a female betta sorority?

Cory species live in shoals containing thousands of individuals in the wild. They're remarkable. They like to be together. Pleco's are fine on their own.

eta- you're over feeding your bettas. They will be fine with the 4-5 aqueon OR the 3-4 other pellets once a day. Or you can feed them twice a day but way less food. Not fasting them once a week doesn't hurt them per se but it's not allowing their bellies/systems to clear out.
We have 7 male guppies together in a 5 gallon, they are brothers (my son brought home 1 male and 1 female guppy as gifts from his 2nd grade teacher), we now have 7 males and 12 females....separate tanks!! The mom and dad both recently passed on). No idea if non-related males can live together but these guys get along just fine.
Beckylovesbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #35 
Beckylovesbettas

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyjets View Post
okay i have no idea where this convo went but okay...and yes i know not to keep a male and a female guppy together,...ive kept guppies before..all this tread was about was to see which fish would work with my female betta, and how i could setup a sorority if i wanted to go that route, so can we get back to that? What i would like to know, is how to keep live plants, which live plants to keep, how to go about creating a sorority and how many bettas i would need, and which fish i could keep and how many...
At least the topic stayed on fish, on a soapmaking board I frequent we would start talking about a specific soapmaking question and 15 posts later be talking about Puppies!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #36 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckylovesbettas View Post
At least the topic stayed on fish, on a soapmaking board I frequent we would start talking about a specific soapmaking question and 15 posts later be talking about Puppies!
haha yeah i know right :) i have a q, how many guppies can i have in a 7gallon tank? its heated, filtered, cycled and 2live plants growing..i have the female betta and the 3male guppies..can i have anymore??
Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #37 
Beckylovesbettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybabyjets View Post
haha yeah i know right :) i have a q, how many guppies can i have in a 7gallon tank? its heated, filtered, cycled and 2live plants growing..i have the female betta and the 3male guppies..can i have anymore??
I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but going by the 1 inch rule you could probably have 1 or two more guppies, my males are smaller than the average pet store guppy, they seem to be a different type. My females would be overcrowded according to the 1 inch rule as they are each about 1 1/4 inches and we have 12 of them in a 10 gallon but they are all sisters and I didn't want to split them up. They seem to have tons of room but I wouldn't put anymore fish in either of my guppy tanks.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #38 
mybabyjets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckylovesbettas View Post
I'm no expert, not by a long shot, but going by the 1 inch rule you could probably have 1 or two more guppies, my males are smaller than the average pet store guppy, they seem to be a different type. My females would be overcrowded according to the 1 inch rule as they are each about 1 1/4 inches and we have 12 of them in a 10 gallon but they are all sisters and I didn't want to split them up. They seem to have tons of room but I wouldn't put anymore fish in either of my guppy tanks.
thank you so much, ive been dying to get more guppys in there...or and i know this may seem crazy..put a male betta in that tank, because alot of people have had success with that, and alot of people fail, but if i fail..i have a tank for the male to go..again thank you
Old 07-13-2013, 05:53 AM   #39 
BittyB

Why do you want to put a male into a tank with female betta and some guppies? That doesn't sound like much space to be attempting something, there doesnt sound to be hiding places either for fish to get away - youll just stress out the betta and can cause them to injure each other.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #40 
mybabyjets

i didnt get a male