Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #31 
Viva

Thanks! Yeah college dorms suck lol. I hope she gets better too. I'm hoping her crooked spine is just due to malnutrition because it straightens out pretty well when she swims. She is really, really skinny :( I think it's because she's too young to know how to eat pellets so she didn't eat much or at all while she was at the pet store :(
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #32 
BettaLover1313

It sounds like she just needs a lot of TLC. It's a shame when pet stores don't know how to properly care for the animals they stock and intend to sell.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #33 
Viva

So the little rescue girl is still alive and doing much better. She still has a crookedness to her and she has a hard time swimming down, hopefully she will grow out of it because she's still a baby. I've been working 10 hour days and this is my 7th day of work IN A ROW. Tomorrow will by my 8th 10 hour day in a row and then I get 6 days off so I'll be feeding her every 3-4 hours instead of twice a day like I do now. She's still only eating frozen brine shrimp so I need to get her to eat pellets ASAP but so far no luck. I've named her Oceania (Oh-Shauna) because of her deep blue/green color. Who knows it might turn out to be a boy because I assume his/her growth is extremely stunted and I know for a fact its malnourished. It was basically starving to death and on it's last storage of energy when I bought her.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #34 
Viva

Here she is doing a lot better! She is now in a 5.5g heated tank until she gets well enough and big enough to join the sorority. CT girl is still floating in a cup in the sorority tank because she's still so tiny. Oceania is so cute! Look at this face

It's a lot cuter than when she was half dead on her side laying in a cup at the store. I thought she had died halfway through the car ride home actually. She's still not out of the clear but I have hope for her. I just need to get her to eat pellets. I think she ate one or two today but then she wouldn't eat anymore. She just spits them out.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #35 
BettaLover1313

Oceania is so cute! Glad to see she's doing better, and I hope it continues!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #36 
Viva

Thanks! She's doing better every day.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #37 
Viva

Here's the girls being cute and swimming right above an IAL. The yellow girl was defending it so no one else could be on it for very long lol!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #38 
Janan

That top picture looks like a bite! Do you see any evidence of fin nipping? My copper half moon girl had long flowing fins that have taken a beating.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #39 
Viva

My copper girl has also taken a beating so I have her alone right now with some salt. No one ever attacks the white girl I swear...she's in mint condition lol. She never fights with anyone she's a good girl. Little copper, the two EEs and Spark my girl I've had since she was a baby, have been taking the brunt of the attacks because they're the smallest. I'm getting a huge plant order on Monday or Tuesday and since my tank is still kinda bare at the top it should help control the aggression a little.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #40 
Janan

I guess I should take out my copper girl, too. How do you plan on introducing her back to the group?

Where did you get your IAL? I need to get me some.

Last edited by Janan; 07-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote