Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #11 
CrazyFishDude

We have a possible candidate for a guitarist. He is one of my friends who says he's been teaching himself how to play guitar for awhile. Hopefully we can "audition" him and have an official guitar player. In the meantime, I am recording demos of some songs the band has already written (we have about 2-3 besides the Glee song lol) playing both bass and guitar parts, as well as producing with our drummer La'Taniana. Maybe we're actually going somewhere...
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #12 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFishDude View Post
We have a possible candidate for a guitarist. He is one of my friends who says he's been teaching himself how to play guitar for awhile. Hopefully we can "audition" him and have an official guitar player. In the meantime, I am recording demos of some songs the band has already written (we have about 2-3 besides the Glee song lol) playing both bass and guitar parts, as well as producing with our drummer La'Taniana. Maybe we're actually going somewhere...
Have you done any covers? You guys may want to find a song that you can cover and blow out of the water. If you post it on a site like YouTube, it'll give you more traffic to your other songs you post (if you post on YouTube, which has become the new way to market yourself to the entertainment industry). People won't know to search for your songs, but they'll know to search for an already popular song. They'll find you, and if they like your cover they'll look at what else you've done.

I'm incredibly impressed if your friend taught himself guitar. It is a hard instrument to learn. I play flute and piano and I've had professionals try to teach me guitar and I still can't play it.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #13 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
Have you done any covers? You guys may want to find a song that you can cover and blow out of the water. If you post it on a site like YouTube, it'll give you more traffic to your other songs you post (if you post on YouTube, which has become the new way to market yourself to the entertainment industry). People won't know to search for your songs, but they'll know to search for an already popular song. They'll find you, and if they like your cover they'll look at what else you've done.

I'm incredibly impressed if your friend taught himself guitar. It is a hard instrument to learn. I play flute and piano and I've had professionals try to teach me guitar and I still can't play it.
Well, EONS ago, we had a completely different singer and our band was under the same name, and we did a cover of "Wake Me Up When September Ends" by Green Day. I'm not a big fan of Green Day, but basically everyone else in our band (even with our current members) LOVES them lol. So I guess we could bring that back. And I haven't actually heard my friend play the guitar much... So that's why I'm going to record some demos and then audition him.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #14 
CrazyFishDude

I just had a random thought recently, remember in a really old post on this journal where I said that we played at a (different, not the one already on YouTube) school talent show? There's footage of that at my school, and my mom happens to be an administrative office worker there, so I kinda want to find the video for some reason...
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #15 
CrazyFishDude

(Wow I haven't updated in awhile) So I finished the instrumental of a demo of our song "You Say, I Say." This is now officially our only fully written song, unless you count the Glee Fangirl one LOL. Also, since the person who said he wanted to play guitar for us doesn't really know HOW to play, looks like we're holding auditions... Anyone here around 14 years old, play guitar, and live in Central Ohio??
Old 10-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #16 
CrazyFishDude

Yes, it has been three months since I updated here...

Well my band has one official song (the Glee Fangirl one doesn't count, we've decided...), that "You Say, I Say" one. There is a rough demo on our YouTube channel, YOAOfficial, and a better sounding remastered version that DOESNT sound like crap that I have on my computer... Keeping it secret... Loljk I'm just still working on it. We're also writing some more songs but nothing else has been recorded, and we're thinking of doing a cover of "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #17 
Tolak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyFishDude View Post
and we're thinking of doing a cover of "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.
Let me know how that lead break works out for ya!
Tolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #18 
CrazyFishDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolak View Post
Let me know how that lead break works out for ya!
Lol yeah that might get changed for the cover. My guitar teacher told me, and I quote, "See, Eddie Van Halen did that guitar solo. Don't try to be Eddie Van Halen. Nobody should try to be Eddie Van Halen," when I told him about the cover idea. I know how to play the rest though... Lol
Old 06-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #19 
CrazyFishDude

Ok well time for an update that nobody cares about! (yay)

So we no longer have those awful stage names (I forgot about those until reading the early posts), I'm sticking to playing guitar, and we have a new and MUCH better song called There's Something. We also have many more songs (and covers) in the process.

Also, here's a video of our latest performance (well like 2 months ago anyway). http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzRX9heeuE

P.S. Once we finish all our new songs, we need some places to perform them. Anywhere in central Ohio that's not 21+ that we could play like two or three songs at? Because that would be fab.