Betta Fish Forum banner

The "Tail" of Chad Pennington

786 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  TianTian 
#1 ·
Alrighty folks, i know you all love story time so i thought id have a go at it.

Here is the "tail" (pun intended haha) Chad Pennington:

So I am home for the weekend, visiting my parents. I was going to go on the boat up a town north of my parents place, but i was passing a pet supermarket... and you all know the temptation is grueling. Any way, i stopped in to take a peek at the betta assortment. Pretty standard reds and blues all around. No females. Just as I was about to leave I noticed one of those tiny betta cups they sell as permanent living places... They are like hardly bigger than the cup you buy the fish in. They make me so mad. Any way, i noticed the most gorgeous veil tail of my life looking miserable in one. He was sitting there at the bottom of the "tank" fins rotting away and looking sad as can be. They others looked alright, a few maybe 3 or 4 looked a bit ill, but rest looked decent. they had about 15. Any who. I couldnt buy him because i was on my way to go on a boat, and i was trying to plot in my mind where in the heck i could even house the lil guy. So i left. I then contemplated the entire rest of the day and evening about that fish. I talked to my mom, she said GET HIM! Shes an animal lover herself. I talked to my g/f, who is getting sick of all the fish in our room haha, and she even said get the poor thing. So...I decided to get up in the morning and go see if the lil guy was still alive, luckily he was! I brought my mom with me and she fell in love with it too. She even bought it for me! and small plant for its vase i got him! My mom and I are not sitting at our bar after setting little Chad up in his new vase complete with plant and tiny terra cota pot admiring the little guy. Now to what he looks like, i know you all have been waiting. Hes a yellowish tank with orangeish yellow tan fins, Honestly its hard to describe her in colors because shes so unbelievablely unique (to me at least) . Hes got kind of a butterfly tone to him with blueish teal coming right off his body into his fins. Hes got a few dark blue scales here and there on his pineapple colored body. Hes got slightly blue around his eyes and very bright yellow on top of his head going backward into his body. hes got kind of a bluish black mask type deal. Honestly hes just so unique. Ill have pictures up for you all on sunday night or monday. Now to speak quickly about his personality. Hes very exploratory! Hes been looking around and patrolling. He finally just went into his little pot. He is very skiddish though. if you put your finger on the glass he swims away so fast. Yet he always comes back to look haha. Hes so adorable. As far as his fin rot condition, hes spread his fins out and they are looking way better already. I added some aquarium salt to his vase for today and ill be doing 100% water changes daily with new salt and going to start a cycle of melafix on monday for 7 days. All and all hes alot happier since hes been home with me and my mom! Cant wait to show you guys!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.