Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #21 
Maryrox247

I am so sorry... she is a beautiful girl and is so lucky to have such a great owner :) Think about it this way, she would have even lived a week if you didn't take care of her. Just keep her comfortable and make her last days great.
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #22 
JamieTron

Thank Maryrox247 :) *hug*
JamieTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #23 
mags2313

Question

So is she still doing alright?
Are you doing water changes every day and feeding her daphnia and high quality food? Raising the temperature to 78 or 80 degrees can help...
Did you add a tablespoon of aquarium salt? One tablespoon per five gallons will aid in gill function and helps the healing of scales, fins etc..
mags2313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #24 
beatlesusan

I'm so very sorry. We've just gone through the same thing, but with a much younger girl. We lost her today. It was so sad. I feel your pain :(
beatlesusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #25 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags2313 View Post
So is she still doing alright?
Are you doing water changes every day and feeding her daphnia and high quality food? Raising the temperature to 78 or 80 degrees can help...
Did you add a tablespoon of aquarium salt? One tablespoon per five gallons will aid in gill function and helps the healing of scales, fins etc..
well I haven't tried any live foods as they don't sell them close to where I live. I just feed her freeze dried bloodworms now as she seems to be eating them easier then the betta balls. I have been doing water changes frequently because I have her in a small quarantine tank because she can no longer get air and food easily in her 5 gallon tank. And since I do not have her in a large tank now I don't have a heater small enough to heat a 1 gallon. (She had one in her 5 gallon tank) However, I put her in my bedroom which is the warmest room in the house. She is close to my 2.5 gallon tank that does not need the heater turned on at the moment because the thermometer reads in the safe zone for bettas, so I figure she would be okay for now in this room.

I have not tried any salt baths, I don't really have experience with them, I suppose I could give it a try.

She is still fighting, her swelling goes down and then increases again, at one point it looked like she was normal size again and 2 days later she was puffed up again and had pop eye as well

I think I will try these salt baths, thanks for the info hopefully this will easy the swelling at least.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #26 
JamieTron

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlesusan View Post
I'm so very sorry. We've just gone through the same thing, but with a much younger girl. We lost her today. It was so sad. I feel your pain :(
I am sorry for your loss as well, especially since your poor girl was so young and thank you for the support! It is appreciated.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #27 
ChloesMom

good luck with everything
ChloesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #28 
melisw13

That's so sad!! I hope she pulls through!!!
melisw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM   #29 
JamieTron

Thanks guys!!!!