Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #11 
RussellTheShihTzu

Welcome to the forum, safisher. Can't answer your question but did want to welcome you.

Also, lots of people have wonderful 1 gallon and less homes for their Bettas. There's even a thread about smaller tanks. And I'm sure there are Bettas out there in 20 gallon tanks who don't have the quality of life as those in a Mini Bow 1.
RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #12 
safisher

Thank you!!! I was feeling really guilty about the smaller tank. Kiwi really is a happy little guy and because we have him located in the kitchen, right next to the sink, someone is always talking to him. The back of his tank is against an interior wall, too, so he stays nice and toasty, as well, so we like to think we're able to keep a close eye on him when we are home.
safisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #13 
TheOnlyCanvas

Yep! It's really more about quality of care, although the fish really should have room to move ^.^

I have a friend whose mom keeps a betta in a bare 20 gallon that's just... disgusting. Ugh.
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #14 
miscanon

We had bettas in those vase bowls you get from like Michael's, one with a plant, one without, thought both had decorations. They would cover the water's surface with their bubble nests! I just wanted something different this time!
miscanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

I think my first tank was a 2.5 gallon mini bow. I found it at a 2nd hand shop. Sadly, I didnt really know about doing weekly water changes and cleaning the poop out of the gravel OR that I needed to use water conditioner. Poor fish didn't live very long

There is also this 3 gallon one by Tetra. Looks pretty spiffy
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #16 
countyrd419

Wink

Hi miscanon, as RusselTheShihTzu stated before, several of us do have the Aqueon 2.5 gallon tank -- I bought mine at PetSmart. Rusty just loves his home. The tank has a dome light which is perfect for making your fish warm and comfy. Here is Rusty in his home -- he is swimming near the bottom center.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, mini bow, new fish, suggestions, tank