Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 AM   #11 
Rohland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
I found I couldn't use any backgrounds on my tanks. My betta flared at them constantly and ignored people and food with it up.

Your tank does look good. If you find any eventually, I'd get some more silk plants (or live ones) :)
Doesnt need to be fancy. Could be something like some black construction paper.
Rohland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:38 AM   #12 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohland View Post
Doesnt need to be fancy. Could be something like some black construction paper.
Yeah but still some bettas (like mine) flare up even with solid colored paper on it. That's all I was pointing out.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #13 
gus6464

Is that a regular ceramic flower pot? That's a great idea for a hiding spot I might have to add one to mine.
gus6464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #14 
Kim

It's very cute! It has everything your betta will need which is GREAT! I'd add a background...I'm partial to blue myself.

Edit: Hmm, I've never had an issue with backgrounds...that's strange. I'm definitely not saying your wrong though...come to think of it Prof. Lupin did flare quite a bit when I put his up, but that only lasted 15 minutes or so and he's been fine ever since. None of the others even looked twice. I'm guessing if you put the background on before adding the fish that they wouldn't notice it since it's always been there.

Last edited by Kim; 09-29-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #15 
Jupiter

I don't like backgrounds much, myself. I was considering a black background...but my room is so dim as is I had a feeling my fish would be confused about whether it was night or day!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #16 
wallywestisthebest333

I REALLY like your tank! =] That Giraffe may become your betta's Bestie! =] My sis has a betta named Gunther (Bless his soul he's sick! <=[ ) and she has a little Spock toy that she got while she was working at BK. Since it was beside the tank from the day he was in it he bonded with it! XD She's got a great pic of him nose to nose with Spock (albeit the plastic! XD silly tank getting in the way! XD) as her cellphone's wallpaper! XD So I think you'll have fun with that Giraffe! =] Best wishes for you and your betta buddy! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #17 
Jayy

yeah, I would just add a couple of plants if I were you I would take a trip to petco asap.
Jayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #18 
1fish2fish

it looks good. Don't worry about the plants for now.. you might try walmart for some more plants. Right now my tank is pretty stark (switching to live plants) but as long as they have a hiding place or two they will be fine.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote