Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #1 
redcharizard

Question white film in tank(like slime)

thanks in advance

today when i moved all the decorations in my tank to vacuum the gravel and change water i noticed white film coming off the decorations it didnt seem to bother the bettas but there was a surprising amount coming off of the stuff any one know what it is?

water perams are good, normal fish behavior, noticeable fin growth(8-10month old bettas), no cloudy/dirty water.

10gal tank 2 bettas 1 ghost shrimp (2 disappeared betta not blotted so cant be that it ate them) and 1 mystery snail
redcharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #2 
BettaFran

Bio film. Bacteria growing and forming a film. Is your tank cycled? How long? Sometimes the film occurs more often in cycling tanks. Just remove the ornaments and scrub film off; I would recommend using tank water after siphoning it out with a water change. I've noticed that mopani wood and artificial ornaments tend to get this film more than other decor. Seems to go away on its own once tank really aged; just keep up with cleaning everything as per above. Keep an eye on water params in case they're slipping.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote