Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #1 
Kim

Soooooo....I went to Petco...........

Ok, sooooooo......I went to Petco yesterday intending to get some gravel and a plant for my new 5 gal that is cycling right now.

Well....I got the gravel and plant, but my mom got me a little something extra....you've probably already guessed but I got a new betta! I actually didn't want to get one because the tank isn't done cycling, but she peer pressured me into it . They had a new shipment in and that little bit of resistance I had just snapped when she insisted.

So here he is. We haven't named him yet, but he's temporarily in a gallon vase sitting in the heated 5 gal. tank unil it's done cycling which should be really soon. He looks really young and it's sad because his fins actually look like they've grown curled from being in a tiny cup. But he is PURPLE! He's already building little bubble nests around the top of his vase .

Name:  IMG_0188.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0189.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  69.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0193.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  81.9 KB

The worst thing is that they had a GORGEOUS mustard gas HM, and an AWESOME white and red dragon HM there too! Not to mention a cute but pathetic looking cambodian female. I've been scheming all day trying to go back and get at least 2 of them, but alas I need a heater for my empty 10 gallon which is soooo frusturating because I have everything else . But then I'd need to cycle it and I don't know how that would work.....I just don't want to let that mustard gas go!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #2 
Jupiter

He is a cutie! You could always split the 5 gal in half, unless you're planning on doing something else with it...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #3 
doggyhog

Congrats!!!! I have a Mustard Gas HM! I love him.... The second I saw him, I snatched his cup! End of story. :)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow, my mom would kill me if I got another one.lol You're lucky that your mom loves them.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #5 
AlexXx

ahhh so cute! I got lucky at petco too today. Those HM you spoke about sounds amazing! I have yet to see a very spectacular one in real life yet. Every one i see looks more like a delta, and is always just plan red.... I did see a crazy double tail today but no room :(
AlexXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #6 
Vikki81207

He's beautiful! This makes me want more bettas, but I dont' need them lol. I'll be keeping two of the fry which will knock me up to 8. *sigh*
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #7 
Kim

Oh, I've been scheming all day to get a heater for my 10 gallon downstairs....but the cycling is another problem altogether.....
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #8 
Calmwaters

He is very pretty.
Calmwaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Pretty fish!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #10 
Kim

Thanks everyone! He's now enjoying the entire tank because it finished cycling today :) He brings me up to 6, but I'm thinking of setting up my 10 gal when I get some money for 2 more.....

Oh, I forgot to add that he's more purple in person than in the pics. He's actually a nice lilac color but the camera makes him look more blue/reddish. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to make his flower pot centerpiece and arrange the tank...oh, and call the maker and see if they'll send me a new hood or even just the circuit board for the light.