Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Divided 20 gal high?

So Petsmart has tank and hood/light combos for $2 per gallon right now, which seems a better deal to me than petco since you get the top. Anyway I have my two boys in a divided 10 gal and love it, but would also enjoy then having more space. I know a 20 long would be better than high but the stand I have isn't long enough to accompany the long tank. So I'm thinking about upgrading to the 20 gal high since an aquarium is all I can have at college and its a 20 gal limit. Ive previously had a 29 gal divided for bettas and the height didnt appear to negatively affect them in any way. What do you guys think? Is it worth it? Just seems like a good deal for the price. If anyone has done this before please post pictures, I'd like to see the finished product!thanks!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #2 
Deanna01

The height shouldn't be a problem at all, and I'm sure they'd love it! I have my girls in a 75-gallon, which is just three inches shorter than a 20 high, and they don't have even the slightest issue. You also don't have to fill it up entirely, if you choose not to.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote