Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #1 
Kiara1125

New Mice! :D

Meet Lucas and Sorren. They're brothers and Lucas is blue/white and Sorren is beige/white. Can anyone help me with what their markings are considered? Maybe broken marked or spotted tans. My dog loves watching them and I got Lucas yesterday and Sorren today. I absolutely love them and they're adorable! I want to say that they're at 4 weeks old right now, but I'm not too sure. Anyways, here's some pictures!

Here's their cage

Lucas

Sorren
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Cute! I have a mouse, Blue. They both seem to be broken.. :D Lucas is so adorable!! Be careful, even brothers may fight. Hope you didn't get a mouse/rat specific food? The crude protein is too high in those foods.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #3 
Kiara1125

I know that the crude protein is 22%, but that's all they had. I also have some hamster/gerbil food, but I'm EXTREMELY allergic to the peanuts in there. I'm trying to figure out an alternative. Any foods that you know of that I can get for them?

Also, they're constantly sticking together and grooming each other, so everything is looking good right now. I'm hoping for the best!

Last edited by Kiara1125; 07-09-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

I use Tropical Carnival Hamster/Gerbil mix. It has some nuts in it.. I don't know about others, but Tropical Carnival is one of the best. Avoid Oxbow and Kaytee though, so many preservatives. Gross!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #5 
Kiara1125

Yeah, Kaytee is practically the only thing my lps carries. >.< I'll try to order that stuff online or see if I can find it nearby somewhere else.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, dear. >.> Good luck then! Are they from breeders or..? Breeder mice are usually used to pellets; since the breeder doesn't want them fat from choosing all the good stuff (sunflower seeds or nuts) in mixes.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM   #7 
ismintis

I've had mice and rats in the past and they are the best pets!
Usually brothers don't fight if they have been with each other for a long time, but in some cases their hormones get whacked up later in life and they get aggressive. A similar thing happened with a female mouse of mine and I had to separate her from her sister for a little bit. I would just keep an eye on their behavior towards one another and you'll be fine.

I'm not sure if this is the same for mice, but male rats are more cuddly and like to be held more than females. Good luck! :)
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #8 
Kiara1125

A woman came in and dropped the litter of 5 off on Monday. She's a breeder and they seem to like the blocks and the hamster food. They don't go after the sunflower seeds though, they go after the little pellets. I'm not sure, but maybe they're going after millet? Still, I think I might carefully separate everything [with rubber gloves on [my allergies are THAT bad] lol] and try too keep the tiny pellets and save the seeds for treats.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #9 
jag14

My mom has a couple of mice, named Lucy and Desi. She used to keep hamsters, but hamsters are noctournal and sleep all day. My brother and I used to tick her off by calling her hamsters "Boa Bites". My brother has three 12 ft boas... Her cat is fascinated by the mice. I can show you how he "guards" them.
Attached Images

jag14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #10 
Kiara1125

Haha, cute! My cats love to stalk them, but out of the cage, they just sniff them and walk off. Their cage looks much different now and their food is different, but you can see Harley stalking the mice. At least they have more things to climb on and hide in now.

Speaking of boa bites, I want to get a ball python.
Attached Images