Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #1 
HeidiZ

Question Not sure what symptons tell me

Hello,

I have read so many symptons for so many different ailments, but I cannot pinpoint one disease/illness. "Stan" is slightly bloated, has faded colors, will not eat, the outlines of his gills are dark blue and he is lethargic. I must admit that I did not change his water for 1 1/2 weeks, but I don't THINK those are the syptoms of ammonia/nitrate poisoning?

I have added a bit of sea salt (I am out of aquarium salt) to his tank, and he seems to have perked up a bit. I will try a salt bath in the morning once I purchase more aquarium salt, but am curious as to what the experts out there think is wrong with him. He looks fine for a few days, then looks like he's going to die for a few days. He was laying at the bottom of the tank, now he's near the top - he hasn't made a bubble nest in days. Poor guy - he looks terrible! Any advice is greatly appreciated!
HeidiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:45 AM   #2 
giypsy

Have you tried fasting him for a day? That would be my next action due to the bloating. The next thing I would consider is; boredom. At the next water change, I would rearrange his tank to trigger his patrolling instinct. Take something out and/or put something different in. Works for FredFish. Keep us posted!
giypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #3 
HeidiZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by giypsy View Post
Have you tried fasting him for a day? That would be my next action due to the bloating. The next thing I would consider is; boredom. At the next water change, I would rearrange his tank to trigger his patrolling instinct. Take something out and/or put something different in. Works for FredFish. Keep us posted!
Yes, I've gone a day without feeding him. I just cleaned his tank yesterday, but I do have a different plant that I could put in there. I'll give it a shot and let you know! Thanks!
HeidiZ is offline   Reply With Quote