Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #31 
Kittaliana

[Bubble nest] I think so maybe.. the bubbles appear to be the same as the other ones my other bettas have near their bubble nests. He is the only one who hasn't actually made a declarable bubble nest, I just assume it's the bowl.

And yes people have told me what they think. The water changes is the only thing that I should change. I don't feed them the blood worms very often, and I do this because the amount I have compared to the pellets is small. Now I have another reason not to feed them blood worms as often as the pellets. The fish lady at the pet store fed the the worms majority of the time. She said they were rich.

I'm just a little stressed, I apologize if I come off irritated or rude..or any sort of offensive. All I want is to know what's wrong with my fish and how I can fix it. All I know right now is that he could be constipated, but no one is sure, it could be the water that's the problem, but I can't determine that until I keep up the water changes.
Kittaliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #32 
Kittaliana

"If I ever get fish, I make sure I can provide a proper tank and food, otherwise I simply don't get them. I haven't had fish since '79 and I just bought a Betta and an 8Gal tank for him which I may upgrade to a 14Gal."

I completely understand this. When I was younger I had a betta fish named Dorthy (from Elmo) and we kept "her" in a bowl and she lived for a while until my grandmother started feeding her bread -.- my mother is from the Philippines.. So I'm sure you can understand that feeding the fish bread was "normal" in her culture. My fish died because of how cloudy the bowl was due to the insane amounts of bread my grandmother stuff in her poor bowl. Because of this I for my entire life have assumed that bettas could fare well in bowls. I had no reason to believe it was bowl size that could possibly effect my betta. I dragged my mother into the pet store not expecting to leave with 3 fish. Let alone anything at all. My mother hates pets...hair poop.. you know. Fish are "easy" to take care of. I didn't realize how much care was put into fish until I came home and read about how to care for my fish. If I had known before hand about the care and maintenance of bettas, I probably wouldn't have gotten them knowing my circumstances with my parents.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #33 
Snaptrap

A person can learn about them in books. It's usually what they should do before owning them. They are wonderful fish and deserving of a good environment. I live on a fixed income but with saving and time, I managed to get a good setup.
Snaptrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:44 AM   #34 
Kittaliana

I'm just happy that I do have my fish, and knowing there's a chance I can care for them and actually befriend them (I didn't know you could do that with fish) really makes strive to give them better lives. You don't treat your friends crappy, so why your fish? Fish are friends :) I'm just glad I have this opportunity with these little creatures, and I want to take full advantage of it.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:47 AM   #35 
Kittaliana

Yea, I admit, I should have looked into it before hand. Then again though, I didn't know I'd end up in Petco. I learned about caring for my bettas online, I started reading as soon as I came home with them. I wanted to make sure they'd be happy. They were actually stuck in their plastic containers for a few days after I got them because I forgot to grab the Betta Safe condition stuff... I didn't want to risk tap water..
Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #36 
RussellTheShihTzu

Boy, do I understand the oriental grandmother thing. Yours stuffed your fish with bread; mine stuffed *me* with bacon grease-laden vegetables, real butter and mashed potatoes and gravy at every meal!

I got my first Betta in 1969. We didn't have the Internet back then; just little booklets. Poor fish live in a one gallon bowl, ate flake food (only thing available) and I only changed the water when it looked dirty. Never used conditioner; just let the water sit for 24-48 hours before I changed it out.

BUT...I did the best I could with what I had and what I knew and that's all any of us can do.

Most likely your Betta's problem is environmental. Try the swap and see if that helps him. And try to get us a side view video. Good luck!
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #37 
Kittaliana

Okay, I can try the swap tonight. My double tail Betta, Vanity, the one in the large wine glass is much bigger than Crimson though. And I can try the side video tonight as well.

Tags
curved body, elephant ear betta