Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #1 
TheBatterwitch

Advice for adding a male to my sorority.

Recently, I rescued a yellow CT male from Wal-Mart. Named him Psiioniic (like from Homestuck, yes.). We call him Psi or just use the symbol. Well right now we're working on getting me to Otakon and he's ready to come out of the sick tank.

My little Jareth has a tank all to himself and always has and I would feel terrible taking it from him. But I've tested him with all the girls and he's amazingly calm and doesn't chase them.

Psiioniic however is a flaring, show offing mess. I did notice that this morning before work he'd calmed his grumpy gills a lot.

I feel like Jerry would be best to put in with them or move them in with him. Advice...?
TheBatterwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Putting a male no mater how calm he is with females outside of breeding is never advised on here. Its almost always ends in a death, the females could gang up on him or he could become aggressive forwards them. There are few people who've had success, most have had short term success.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #3 
Deanna01

Agreed. Don't do it with either male. I'm honestly certain you will regret the decision if you do.
Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

To quote the great Myates,

Tic.
Tic.
Tic.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  19.8 KB

Seriously though, mixing a male betta with any other betta, male or female, almost never works out. (The exception is breeding, but even then it is not uncommon for both partners to sustain a lot of damage). In a sorority, it is possible that the girls will "gang up" on the boy and kill him, or the male could kill the females.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote