Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #1 
Bettacrab

AQadvisor result help?

Aqadvisor
This is what I plan to do for my tanks, will it work?

Bettacrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #2 
Viva

I'd say as long as the female betta tank has a lot of cover for them to hide it should be okay. I've heard you can keep ADFs with bettas but a 2.5g tank seems a little small for both of them.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #3 
Fin Fancier

In your plan for the 5.5 gallon you list 3 neon tetras and 1 cardinal tetra. Tetras like to be grouped with others of their kind, so you'd be better off sticking to one variety of tetra. The other thing I'd like to point out for tetras is that they are somewhat sensitive fish and are very prone to sickness without stable water quality, which can be harder to maintain in smaller tanks due to the smaller water volume. Most of what I've read for them suggests a minimum group of 5 (since they are schooling fish) in a miminum of 10 gallons.
Also I doubt 1 ghost shrimp is going to survive long in any of those tanks. With enough hiding spots a group might do well. You could put a small group in the 5.5 gallon with the male betta.
Fin Fancier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I wouldn't do the snail or the shrimp in the female sorority. The snail produces way too much bio-load which can lead to stressed out females. Also you want to have as many females as you can to spread out aggression so if you get rid of the snail you can get another female to make a nice number of 8.

And yes the Ghost shrimp will easily become a snack as it can't really defend itself. Sometimes some fish won't care about them but I've seen my girls at work and even though not all of them are super excited about eating shrimp, most of them are and they will kill of anything I put in that tank. They recently killed my bigger Nerite snail and this is all in a 33 gallon
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #5 
Bettacrab

Hmmmm, let me try to make a new one cause I just called my fish store and they Dnt sell females...,
Old 07-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #6 
Viva

My ten gallon worked well with a male betta (preferably a long finned one that can't move as fast) and 4 corydora catfish. The corydoras need to be kept in groups. Amano shrimp are bigger than ghost shrimp and my male never attacked them either. Ghost shrimp are very frail on their own and will most likely die from something before even being a snack. I have had luck with my Nerite snails in my 29 gallon sorority tank despite one of my girls being a pond snail assassin when she was younger =p
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #7 
Bettacrab

Here's the 10 gallon plan....
Also for 5 gallon there is just a betta and a snail, ill just be putting 1 betta in other tanks
Attached Images