Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #1 
RockyTheBetta26

Smile I've never felt this way about a fish before!!!

My family thinks I've absolutely lost it. I halfway think I've lost it. But I am so attached to Jasper it's not even funny. I seriously love this fish. Almost like I would a pet dog. Actually that's what I call him- my puppyfish. I'll walk in my room to find him waiting on the end of his tank where my door is and wiggling around to greet me. He follows me around and is always so friendly!!! When I feed him he gets so excited he zooms over to me and is so over zealous when he lunges at the pellets that he misses repeatedly. It's so adorable!!! Today for the first time he approached my hand when I stuck my fingers in the tank and instead of nipping like I half expected him to do, he rested gently against my fingers and then playfully weaved through them. I feel so blessed to have this fish. He has been a source of pleasure to me in a time that I have been dealing with a lot of stress and unhappiness. Who knew a tiny little fish could have such a huge personality?
RockyTheBetta26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #2 
Kittiesdragons

Yay! I know exactly how you feel! Each of my boys is so different and unique yet they all adore me in their own special way! My fish loving friends are the only ones who understand. They others they just look at me strange but they don't truly get how awesome Bettas are or even fish in general. They are just amazing!
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #3 
snowflake311

My first betta was very special to me. He lived to be almost 10 years old. They are great fish.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #4 
wish4coner

I sit here and talk to them, when I am feeding or changing water. My kids look at me like I am nuts, but I am. I also breed so, I've had to cull. Nothing like standing over a toilet, saying a prayer for a fish but, yeah, I have done that too. Maybe I am whacked but, it's fun! I am glad you are enjoying your fish!
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #5 
Polkadot

It's so true! I talk to them,whistle to them,blow kisses to them & wave to them all the time.Plus I always tell my family to 'visit' them and say hello whenever I'm at work etc,lol.They are such lovely little pets/friends.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #6 
RockyTheBetta26

They really are amazing company! Much more personable than anybody could expect from a fish! Now the problem is I just want more!! Lol, I'd love to have a bunch with all their different colors and personalities. *sigh* But for now I'm just happy spoiling Jasper rotten!!! One day though, I will get another...maybe a cute little female this time?
RockyTheBetta26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #7 
BettaLover1313

It's so nice to hear other people say these things! I absolutely adore my boys and their antics!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote