Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #1 
ANHEL123

Shipment problem

Hey everyone, i need advice please about shipped package.
I mailed someone who i was helping to treat betta from ich. The betta now doing good . The problem is that the girl i was helping don't have water conditioner and she lives in dorm. She was using spring water (temporary)that i recommended. So i mailed her Prime and stress coat , and food, one gall tank, a net , medications. So i mailed 2 boxes. I mailed 1st package on 07/02 and second 07/03. July 4 was holiday so mail was closed.We live in the same town. But we live far away from each other. So i can't drive to her , she can't drive to me.
I don't have recite and i didn't pay extra for the confirmation. Any one have any suggestions or any one experienced the same problem . I also think it would be more problem and delay when you live in a dorm, especially if it first year.

The girl i mailed the supplies, does not have transportation and the store is far away. And the temp outside now about 95-96*
The earliest i can mail another Prime is 7/15.

Also the girl out of spring water and using Filtered water, which i am not even sure if it safe.
It very frustrating to me because i speand a lot of money and time , and i don't want her betta not get sick after he survived from ich:(

Thank you so much.

Last edited by ANHEL123; 07-14-2013 at 12:31 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2 
Lamb

So she didn't get the package? You weren't very clear as to what the problem is... How did you send it? Priority, First Class, Standard? Are you sure no one in her building claimed the packages? If you live in the same town, that's probably why it's not there. Someone else has it. She needs to ask around. Also tracking is only about a dollar more, with something that costs that much or you put so much work into, it's always to get tracking to be safe. Other than that there isn't anything else you can do...
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #3 
ANHEL123

It was standard which of course i regret now. It not the first time i am sending fish supplies and i never had problem before. It like never say never. I don't know why i didn't get trucking #. I just was exhausted that day and didn't think straight :(
I never live in a dorm. So you mean someone could get it in the dorm by mistake? If someone get it wouldn't they able to go back to the mail room and return it?
So you definitely think it long enough and it already arrived, and someone should definitely has it?
Old 07-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #4 
Lamb

If you live in the same town, yes. Someone has it or it was lost in transit.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:36 PM   #5 
Lamb

Have you called the post office? Maybe they have it and you got something wrong on the address or something?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #6 
ANHEL123

No i didn't call. But there is my address on the box. Do you think they would mail it back to me?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #7 
Lamb

If it failed to send correctly they most likely will but it gets rerouted to a sorting center which is probably not your local P.O. so it would take a while to get there. Are you sure that no one else didn't pick up the package? Has the girl asked around her dorm?
Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #8 
LittleBlueFishlets

I know you worked really hard with her, to get her fish cured. And it was really nice of you to put all these things together for her!

I think you should tell her to check with the mailroom at her college.

I would not think that it's possible for another student to have picked it up, unless this student gave someone access to her mailbox.... Mailrooms at colleges tend to be pretty careful about security. (Students often get paychecks, financial aid checks, etc. The college needs to make sure that the correct student receives the mail.)

Yes - it's possible that a mistake was made and the mailroom put it into the wrong box. (And if that student isn't attending classes during the summer, he/she isn't on campus right now.)

I think you should tell the girl to go to the college's mailroom and ask them if they have the package there. If they don't, she should ask if they can check the mailboxes near hers to see if it was put into someone else's box by mistake.

You may also want to call the post office, and ask what happens if there is a problem with delivery. If they say it gets sent to a sorting center, ask if it's possible for you to contact the sorting center.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #9 
ANHEL123

Thank you Lamb, Thank you LittleBlueFishlets i will try to research. But meanwhile i think i need to mail her a Prime on monday because i am worry.
She is using filtered water and i am worry it not safe. And she also wrote that the filter need to be change by now , because it old. She been using filtered water for a week or so. So we keep eye on him. He acting healthy as of today. He has mild fin rot. So she monitor his fin rot. But again if the water not safe, he might develop new symptoms or his rot can get worse.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #10 
VJM

It doesn't sound like she has the resources to take care of the Betta. Rehome to you? Sounds like a better longterm solution.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote