Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #11 
LittleBlueFishlets

+1 on what VJM said. I'm starting to wonder if she's taking advantage of the situation (and you).

Did she get either package? You sent them on different days, right?

Last edited by LittleBlueFishlets; 07-14-2013 at 04:39 PM.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #12 
ANHEL123

Oh guys no no no she is very nice , i spoke to her on the phone. She is not taking advantage. She found me on yahoo answers and she just got two bettas as a gift We talk every day since about 3 wks ago. She sent me pictures and video of the betta she has now. She fallow instructions that i gave her daily. No guys , i am kind of embarrassed because i gave her this link to read.
I trust 100% it just she lives in the dorm and don't have the car. And here in philadelphia it really hot and humidity probobly 100%. If you need to walk far away it really hard .
No she didn't get any of the shipped boxes.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #13 
LittleBlueFishlets

It's OK. I'm sure she'll understand that we're just watching out for you. You're always so nice and helpful.... and we just want to make sure that no one takes advantage of you.

(If she see this thread, then: "Hi Anhel's friend! Welcome to the forum!")

Since she didn't get any of the boxes, it sounds like it may be an addressing issue. I still think that contacting the post office (and asking her to contact the college mailroom) is the best idea. Hopefully, they'll work with the two of you, in order to find the packages.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #14 
ANHEL123

Thank you so much!!!Yes i am pretty sure she understand , she is very nice:) And thank you for help all the time:)
Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

If its like most collages, students run the mail rooms for the dorms and well, they are NOT very reliable. It may also take longer because the USPS has to deliver it to them university and then the university has to sort through the mail and deliver it to the right dorms. Lucily the 3rd college I went to had a real USPS location on campus with PO boxes for addresses as oppsed to crappy dorm mail servies. Unfortunetly for me, the school was in Alaska and mail to/from there takes forever anyways.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #16 
Lamb

I'm sure there is local transportation in Philidelphia, most large cities run buses everywhere. I'm from Sacramento, and we could take the bus anywhere we wanted pretty much. You just need to know the stops or ask the driver which bus to transfer to etc. I would have her call whoever is in charge of mail there, you call the P.O and see if there's anyway they can tell you anything, but without a tracking number it would be very difficult. Tikibirds has a point, they will have to sort the mail, and who knows who is doing that! Maybe it will get there this week, but be sure to ask around... and that means both of you. I hope she gets the package! You are a very good person, and she's lucky to have you watching out for her. :)
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #17 
invincible4372

It is very true I don't have the necessary resources to take care of another living creature. And it's beautiful to see that this forum is watching out for one another (and their little buddies). I can assure you, I am not taking advantage of her kindness. I really don't have the conscious and a place in my heart to take advantage of someone. I'm trying my very hardest to provide Itchy with the necessary resources for him to live a happy life.
Itchy is also saying hello (staring at my screen) next to Peanut Butter, his favorite stuffed bear (the doll is not in the water with him; that'd be disgusting)
invincible4372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #18 
Lamb

I understand. I'm sure everyone else does too. Everyone here seems to be very kind and understanding. I'm glad you have the best interest of your betta at heart. And you're not the kind to take advantage of someone's kindness.

Have you checked with the mailroom to see if they had a package for you?

Wishing you and Itchy the best. :)
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #19 
invincible4372

The mailroom opens and closes at the strangest times. And I'm not sure where I should go, too. There's the main mail room, and the mail rooms for each dorm building. I don't think it got lost in the mail room at my school because I specified what building it's addressed to. Not just the school address. The street number is also one of the buildings to the school, so if that building received it, then they would sort it out and wouldn't take two weeks. I think it got lost in transit. Or the school gave us the wrong address.
They also get extremely touchy when we ask where our package is. This happened to me before and they basically told me to go away.
invincible4372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #20 
ANHEL123

Thank you everyone for your kind, helpful replies. And invincible i never doubted abut you. With all those daily updates and talk and videos that we had on the phones and forum:) If not you Itchy would never survive so thank to you. And everyone thank you so much for carrying and help. It just amaze me how much we care and love those little cute bettas. It feels like one big family that always there where we need it .
Ok i am too exited to talk because invincible just found the packages!!!!

Now i have questions in my head and we need help:)

First the Prime is safe to use ,even though it was for like 2 wks in the warm room right ?

we never check the water parameters but since we using it daily (filtered water) we can safely put Prime and do the changes right ?

The food NLS i know it dry and it fine that it was in 96* room for 2 wks ? We also can use it safely?

Last edited by ANHEL123; 07-15-2013 at 10:59 AM.