Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 PM   #131 
Mar

Sorority tank is gorgeous as always!

Ditto's really pretty, love his iridescence!
I hope Jarvis heals up all right :(
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #132 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Uggg Viva, no don't tell me that >< I HATE house centipedes! I ran into one the first time at the lady's house I pet-sit for. I had never seen one before and it was so gross! I tried to get the dogs to eat it lol but it was too fast for them

And thanks Mar! Yeah Jarvis, Ditto and Gambit should heal up just fine in a few weeks!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #133 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Sigh, came home to a dead shrimp in the 10 gallon, looks like he might have eaten plenty of algae though so that's good. I still have TONS of brown algae in my 10 gallon and then regular algae in the 3 gallon where Ditto is and getting algae in the 5.5 with the babies.....I guess I should cut down on the light? They're at 12 hours right now, 8am to 8pm....

It's so hot here that I really....really don't want to do water changes but I need to. Darn grandfather >.> came home and he's like "oh I kept the door open to let the cool air in." Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? It's friggin 95 degree's out there with humidity through the roof! Even all the other old people are saying it's a hot one out! Get with the freaking program man!

Ghahhh, I really hate it here, seriously lost my sanity. Okay, going to go clean tanks and will be back with pictures later and hopefully feeling better >.>
Old 07-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #134 
LebronTheBetta

Sorry about your shrimp! How about a nerite for the algae? Otos? They'll love the plants you have.

And haha You're grandfather is probably "trying to help". :p No AC? Have fun cleaning! T.T
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #135 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Sorry about your shrimp! How about a nerite for the algae? Otos? They'll love the plants you have.

And haha You're grandfather is probably "trying to help". :p No AC? Have fun cleaning! T.T
Otos in a split 10 gallon? I don't think that's a good idea. I'll have to try to find Harley to see if she's still alive and move her over to the 10 in that case! It doesn't have a lid though so she could get anywhere! I actually just ordered a glass canopy so I hope it will work!

lol my grandfather doesn't care about us or trying to help anyone but himself. He yells at us when we try to put the a/c on and all the windows and doors are closed except for the living room door which is where he is most of the time on his computer. >.> I wish I could just pack up and bring all my fish to my moms
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #136 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Gosh darnit! Lost Harley now >.> figured she crawled out of the water and now I'm certainly not going to be able to find her! I actually took the filter apart to clean and she wasn't in there unless she's in one of the tubes which I have no idea how she'd get in there in the first place but I know they're like acrobatic snails so who knows.....
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #137 
LebronTheBetta

It's split? Oh, I didn't know. hehe They'll do better in a full 10G. And elders are elders.. They need their own time. lol You named your shrimp Harley?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #138 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No, no, no silly. If you go back a few pages, I had gotten two Nerite snails, Harley and Davidson lol Davidson died from presuably being pecked to death from the girls and I have no idea where Harley went. No, didn't name the shrimp and I don't normally name inverts/schools of fish individually unless you know like one of them is gimpy so I'll call it Gimpy lol but for the most part, just the Betta's or loner fish get names.

Took a break from cleaning because my grandfather is in the kitchen.....I don't like to be around him at all. And yeah, Elders do as Elders will but he is not a cute old little man, no he's a lot of words that I can't say on this forum. He's a disgusting pig and completely has no resppect for anyone else so why should we respect him back? He complains about everything and while yes, he's letting us live here, he's not exactly letting us thrive. Sure we don't need the a/c on all the time but to cool down the house every now and then when it hits 98 with 100% humidity? Yeah, that'd be nice. He told me today he's "running out of money" which he can't really since he's got a reverse mortgage and still is technically working online. We supply all his food (which is nearly 300-400 dollars each week!) and we keep the house clean (try to) and make all (most) of his food for him.

In ways, yeah I can't complain either; I'm running 6.5 fish tanks (Jarvis's QT only has a light) and not paying for the electricity but as my dad says so rightly; "We pay with our sanity" he literally drives us insane. I really can't even express how disgusted I am of him and how much I try to avoid him and stuff. A person shouldn't have to want to avoid her grandfather....../rant

oh he's out of the kitchen! Back to work! So far I've done the 33, 5.5, 2.5, 1, and the 10 I'm working on now and then just have the two 3's left!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #139 
LebronTheBetta

Oh, I see. My bad. ^^" Sorry about Mr. Davidson. :\

And I can see why you would want to complain! That's just horrific. I guess you'll get used to it soon. I can see why you want to move back.

On a brighter note, I'm still surprised on how well you manage your tanks. (:
Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #140 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Oh, I see. My bad. ^^" Sorry about Mr. Davidson. :\

And I can see why you would want to complain! That's just horrific. I guess you'll get used to it soon. I can see why you want to move back.

On a brighter note, I'm still surprised on how well you manage your tanks. (:
Np

We've been living here since 2007 which means we just hit our 6th year anniversary here July 7th......I go back and forth between my mom and dad's house but still, the three days that I stay here, I literally go insane!

Oh thanks! Just finished them all! So what was that, 3 hours? For 7 tanks, yup that's about right.

the 33 got a 25% change because I really can't lug that much water around without killing my back. I'll do another on Saturday.

The 2.5 got a 90%

1 gallon got a 100%

The 5.5 got a 50%

10 gallon got a 50%

And both 3 gallons got 80%

Phew! now I can sort of relax....have to make dinner though...guess I'll have to find something! lol I'll take pictures soon and update everyone ^_^