Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 PM   #91 
veganchick

Calm down!!!! How about you spend the money on the fish that you already have instead?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #92 
loppy656

that makes no sence.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #93 
dramaqueen
Banned

It makes more sense to buy a nice tank and put another betta in it.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #94 
doggyhog

What about getting a 10g tank, dividing it, then having 5 gallons for each betta! In a 5g you can add about 4-5 shrimp! Keep it cycled and do weekly water changes, it is SO much less maintenance then smaller tanks, and then you could get more bettas for your other tanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #95 
5green

Thumbs down why are we being rude to each other

why are we arguing she asked a simple question if what type of fish could be with a betta in a 1.5 gal give her a simple answer like oh a ghost shrimp...or live plant, i heard they are... not thing that are far off subject. please dont be rude to others this site is for info and think about it if someone,let me refrase that if everyone is being rude would you like to comeback to this site and ask more questions (i didnt think so)
Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #96 
dramaqueen
Banned

4 or 5 shrimp on one side and a betta on the other sounds good to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #97 
loppy656

huh?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #98 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5green View Post
why are we arguing she asked a simple question if what type of fish could be with a betta in a 1.5 gal give her a simple answer like oh a ghost shrimp...or live plant, i heard they are... not thing that are far off subject. please dont be rude to others this site is for info and think about it if someone,let me refrase that if everyone is being rude would you like to comeback to this site and ask more questions (i didnt think so)
Did what I said sound rude?

We DID answer in a simple way. It is that 1.5 gallon is just big enough for a betta nothing else.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #99 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think she got answers to her question, which was that 1.5 gallons was barely enough room for a betta, much less shrimp. Also, people suggested that she use Google to do research on shrimp.I would try to find out what size tank is appropriate for however many shrimp she wants. As Kim stated, shrimp need a cycled, filtered tank to thrive and can't survive constant, 100% water changes. I would post questions about shrimp in the invertabrate subforum of the Freshwater fish and Aquariums section of FishForum. People there can tell her exactly what she needs to house and take care of shrimp properly.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #100 
5green

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexXx View Post
PANDA SHRIMP ARE SO CUTE! omg, i wish we had more than ghost shrimp (rarely) around here.
thing like this are pretty off subject no offence alexxx but i mean like yelling sora like THIS I DUNNO IT IS SORTA RUDE but maybe thats just me
Closed Thread