Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #1 
azjen

Is there a perfect tank??

Hello,
I want to get another betta and tank in the next month. Is there a tank that comes with a filter that works for a betta that has a light that is nice?
As far as size goes, anything between about 4 and 12 gallon would be fine...
I ask because I bought a tank for my daughters and do not like the filter that came with it and am bummed it does not have a light built in the top.
Just wondering if anyone has found one they are really happy with where the filter doesn't toss the betta around too much...

Also side note question... if I get that underwater heater (hydor mini). Do you find you have to turn it off and on to get the temperature to be right? I ask because I am in AZ so the water here at room temp is already a little warmer. I am afraid if I get a heater, it will get too hot but I would guess if I took the temp, the water would be a bit cool (by a few degrees at most)

thanks!
azjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #2 
Jynx

I really like the Eclipse tank series- they have a filter and light in the enclosed hood and come in lots of sizes starting at 3 gallons- there's a very nice five gallon corner one you might like.
If you don't need the heater during the day but want it at night or something like that you can get a timer for it at a dept store or such. I used to use one to turn on the heat lamps for my turtles around dawn. You'll have to be careful of too much temperature fluctuation though. might be better to go with a more expensive heater that has settings.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #3 
dr2b

I agree I LOVE the Eclipse tanks. I have 2 corner 5 gallons, and they are fabulous. They are quiet too! I definitely recommend that series of tanks.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote