Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #1 
Magdalaine

Maracyn and Tail Rot

So this is the third time I've had to treat Button for some form of fin/tail damage. he had some minor fin rot when I first got him and once that healed he bit a chunk of his tail off and now he's fighting off some pretty nasty tail rot.

I picked up some Maracyn last week a few days after I noticed the ends of his tail fraying, I've been dosing him daily since then and if anything, his tail has gotten worse with every day. He's now in a 2gal bowl and I've been making a concentrate of the Maracyn and dosing it out according to his bowl size. His water practically qualifies as a salt bath on top of the Maracyn, so I haven't been giving him salt baths as well. I've been changing the water every other day, should I be changing it every time I dose it with the Maracyn? Any advice would be appreciated!
Magdalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #2 
kelly528

It should say on the instructions. I don't believe you are supposed to change the water, but they instructions say that if you have to do so, double-dose the maracyn just like you did when you started the antibiotics.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #3 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm having the same problem with 2 of my DT's. I've used JFC and Bettafix and their tails aren't getting any better. I think I might get Maracyn when I have the money.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote