Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1 
sassyfriend

Suffering or just looks as if they are?

I have a very pained question to ask you. All my betta who have died looked like they where in a huge amount of pain before they died. Is it because I have seen so much suffering that that's what it looks like or are they really suffering?

I know animals have emotions and just sensing any in pain is very hard on my heart. I try to comfort them by singing to them, telling them I love them and that its ok to go.

Ollie was a real trouper he fought to blasted hard!!!!! Just wish I could've been with him on sunday.

Been having a bawl baby week. So much has happened I just am having a hard time with my feelings. Keep bursting into tears even when i'm trying to be ok.

Need your guys help so badly! If any of you are Christians please pray for me! Need God's strength so badly its not even the least bit funny.

sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #2 
Namialus

All that matters is that you did what you could and you loved them. You didn't neglect them and you cared. They surely understand that. It's okay to cry - we've all lost our little friends. We just have to learn from our mistakes and make sure the next ones live happy lives too. May all our fishy friends SIP.
Namialus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:03 PM   #3 
shellieca
Reference Team

Sorry you are struggling so badly. Instead of focusing on the negative can you think of things in your life that are good? Family? Friends? Job? Church? I know at times it is so much easier to see the negative & to focus on it but if you can force yourself to see the beauty in your life you might get out of the funk you are in. This obviously doesn't eliminate any problems but it might help you feel better & see them in a different prespective. God is good to believe in but he won't do things for you, only guide you. I hope you are able to push through the negativity.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #4 
Lena N

I know sassyfriend, it hearts a lot. I felt so much better yesterday, but this morning I woke up with tears again.
When my baby Cherryk died I felt so wulnorable, the realization that somene you love can die in accident anytime just struck me.
World itself is cruel place as survival on our planet most of the time based on eating each other. It is so nice you have beautiful heart and you can feel the pain of other creatures. Some people enjoy hunting... Unfurtunatelly we can not change this unperfect world. The only thing we can do is only to add some love into it.

That is why we need to value every day of life and try to give all our love to our close family members, our pets. We should live every day like it is our last day, so we would never feel that we did not do enough.

If you search in internet there are so many people suffer from losing their love ones and everybody needs help. I read on one website that sicologists reccommend to write a small memory book about your beloved pet, to write all nice moments you experienced together. It will attract your attentin a little bit from sad thoughts and also will be good memory as with time any way we forget some details.

If you keep feeling sad, just post here again. We will be here for you. Hugs

Last edited by Lena N; 07-17-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hold please, one moment....sending virtual hug.....*hugs!*

It is difficult to watch someone or something that you love move on. He knows that you tried and that you loved him. Your little boy is swimming under the Rainbow Bridge and onto the pond thereafter and looking back to Earth and thanking you for all that you've done for him.

I know for a fact that no one would want us to suffer after we're gone but it is difficult to focus and really look at the positives of life when something so tragic happens. Life has a way of giving us little reminders, telling us we're still human and you know what? It's alright to cry over someone or something that's been lost to us. You can take your time to mourn over your lost baby but just don't focus on it for too long. Ollie would have wanted you to be happy give the joy that he gave you, to others.

As I have told other's, and I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but their passing allows you to save another who has been brutally cared for if cared for at all. As I said, not for all, but maybe it will just give a little glimmer of hope, just a little something that you might need.

God will be there to comfort you when you most need it and we'll be here for you to lean on when you're feeling down and sad. I can only hope that you can see our words for more than just words and that we'll always be here for you. Sending prayers your way hun!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #6 
sassyfriend

Thank you will getting a new friend help to stop the grief or will I still be grieved?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It depends on how you look at it, if you think you're just trying to replace Ollie, then no it's not a good idea. But if you are saving another Betta's life from a horrible life on the shelf and to have a brand new joy in your life, then yes!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #8 
sassyfriend

Should I get two or just one of them?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #9 
RockyTheBetta26

If you have room, two sounds great!! But I am really sorry for your loss!!!! Know prayers are being sent your way!!! *hugs*
RockyTheBetta26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #10 
sassyfriend

Thank you. Have a question would my tank that I had Ollie in be ok? I had a little pimafix in it but I've rinsed the whole thing so would it be safe for a new fishie?

By the way I had not known how awful Pimafix and other fixes where till I read a couple days ago after Ollie died. Still makes me sick that I didn't know. But now I know and I will never use it again!!!!