Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #11 
Sassington

Thank you. Me too =/ I guess the only thing I can do is maybe get a smaller tank to do easier water changes in and/or maybe a floating box to keep in his tank so it's easier to reach the surface for air. And possibly one of those leaves that sticks to the side of the tank for him to rest on. And clean warm water. Maybe he'll perk up after a few days.. Hopefully. =(
Sassington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #12 
countyrd419

Good afternoon. Just realized that you live not to far from me. Anyway,
Rusty my fish just love his silk plants. He rests on the leaves for about a minute or two to catch his breath from swimming. The plants might help Thomas feel relaxed as he is healing. I would do a water test to see if the parameters are off. Hope all is well with him when you get home.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #13 
Sassington

Thank you, Country. I'll be happy if he's still with us when I get home - I'll be ecstatic if he makes it through the weekend. =)
Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #14 
Sassington

Soooooo, I saw "country" when I read your post... I misspelled it completely, didn't I? Lol oops :l
Old 07-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #15 
countyrd419

No problem. I too have done some oops on the site like posting a reply on the wrong thread.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #16 
Sassington

Quote:
Originally Posted by countyrd419 View Post
No problem. I too have done some oops on the site like posting a reply on the wrong thread.
Lol... We're so cool ;)
Old 07-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #17 
Juditko

I would suggest posting the info requested in the diseases section (temp, parameters, etc) to get the relevant info out there and then pm some mods and experienced members for assistance (like aokashi and Olympia and Matt's bettas and hallyx etc. ). Would like to see someone like them assisting here...
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #18 
Sassington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juditko View Post
I would suggest posting the info requested in the diseases section (temp, parameters, etc) to get the relevant info out there and then pm some mods and experienced members for assistance (like aokashi and Olympia and Matt's bettas and hallyx etc. ). Would like to see someone like them assisting here...
I definitely will.. I'm going to go to the pet store across the street from my work and get some stuff. I will reserve posting to those folks until I'm certain he survived the day while I was gone. Hopefully he's held on. Thank you for that help!
Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #19 
sassyfriend

How is he doing?
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #20 
Sassington

Hey Sassy, and everyone who's been active in this thread. I came home and checked on my guy. He was on the bottom of the tank but swam around a little bit and then returned to the bottom again.

I got a kritter keeper and a plastic 1 gallon bowl from petco for easier dose mixing and whatnot. He's currently fluttering in the kritter keeper which is floating in the original 3 gallon tank he was in when I got home. I decided to do it that way to maintain the KK temp to match the 80 water in the big tank. Since I got home, I've noticed that his breathing is less labored but the labyrinth organ on his left side seems a little larger than on the right when he's breathing. I took pictures and I'll try to attach the best ones.

I don't know if that counts as "inflamed gills" as stated on the illness sticky but I'm treating him with a bit of aquarium salt and fresh water treated with Stress Coat and tapwater conditioner. I've slowly been replacing his KK water with today's fresh treated water. Once I think I can, I'll dump as much of the mixed KK water out and give him a full KK of the aq salt water.

I'm happier that he's not looking beached at the bottom of the KK and is actually swimming around some. His coloring on one of his pectoral fins is almost gone and the other has no color. I'm trying not to get my hopes up yet but I am glad he's off the bottom and fluttering around a little. He definitely had no "flutter" to speak of this morning. Not sure if I want to feed him yet.

Should I do 100% water change everyday with the aq salt water?

Thank you for all your help. ;o)
Attached Images