Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #11 
LittleDeer

Moss balls are cool little plants to have in a tank, especially a small tank. They roll around, and some Bettas even play with them :)

If you can get some Water Wisteria, it grows pretty fast, and floats on the top unless you weigh it down. You can cut off stems of it once it grows and they will become seperate plants, so you'll have multiple starting from only one. If you have it floating on the top, she might enjoy resting under it, and if you weigh some down, she can sit on the little fronds. They're a pretty cute little plant too :)

Also, if you can get a 2-3 gallon critter keeper, they are pretty inexpensive tanks if you want to keep the red girl too. I have three 2 gallon critter totes for my three girls, and they were about $11 each I think.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #12 
Lisa1010

Oh, that's a good idea, they could still see each other that way. She's in a clear plastic bowl now so I will go and place them beside each other. Should be entertaining!

Thanks,

Lisa
Lisa1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #13 
Lisa1010

I have never looked at the critter keepers/totes before as I don't associate them with fish. I will have to take a look now. Are they glass or plastic?
Lisa1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #14 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake311 View Post
I am sorry but you need to do your own research don't trust just anyone questions everything and find your own answers. What size is the tank? You could have gotten a few white clouds for her to swim with.
Speaking of doing research ...OP stated it was a 2 gallon tank, too small for companions.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #15 
LittleDeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1010 View Post
I have never looked at the critter keepers/totes before as I don't associate them with fish. I will have to take a look now. Are they glass or plastic?
They are plastic, so they are quite light, and they don't have seams so they don't leak unless you crack them. Just don't drop them or be rough with them and it should work really well. They do scratch more easily than glass, but I have had no problems with my three. Tons of people use them as Betta tanks, though :) There's a actually a whole thread for them on here. I definitely recommend them if you want a smaller tank for low expense. Just make sure not to get the smaller sizes for a Betta. The medium size and up are the best for Bettas so you can fit in everything you need to.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #16 
Laki

Critter keepers are so cheap and easy to keep! I got ripped off a bit bc mine is tinted acrylic and not totally transparent haha, shrimp don't mind.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote