Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #11 
alwaysaBettaLover

I was wondering the same question,but I heard you have to be on for like, a year??? And you have to be posting a lot?? I don't know lol
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

You don't necessarily have to be on for a year and you don't have to have s whole lot of posts. Post count has nothing to do with it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #13 
alwaysaBettaLover

Oh. Does the admin. Just ask you if you want to be a SM?
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #14 
rubinthebetta

Funny. This thread has evolved from a question thread to a joke thread and back again. But I was actually wondering about the SM thing as well.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #15 
Fabi

Hahahaha
Fabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:06 AM   #16 
djembekah

I think it has more to do with maturity, how a person handles tough situations, I'm sure fish knowledge helps to an extent. But leadership and being able to deal with the tough behind the scenes stuff we rarely if ever see on the regular forum. probably why only a select few are chosen, and not a person who says CAN I BE A MOD?!?!? is asked to join the ranks and take on responsibilities
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #17 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

This is how it happens for us... this Forum... right now.... Not on any other Forum or any other group.... Meaning TFK & BF.

During the time we are Mods, we are on the look out for Members who consistently "exceed" the requirements of a "regular member". That means we see them continuously helping others. Even in moments of snark, frustration, with helping new fish keepers, trolls and spam that hit the forum,...whatever comes their way... the member strives to be kind, has patience and is helpful, considerate of other's feelings, compassionate and yet doesn't loose their cool and vent on someone else ever! They have a clean record with us, no infractions, incidents, arguments, warnings...nothing!! It would just never happen with this member!
That member also has to be able to fit us into their lives too... family, jobs, school... it's all a balance... if you don't have the time to commit you are not the right fit for us. On the flip side of things we don't want you to be so obsessed with TFK/BF that it is your whole life, or that things must be done your way, we discuss and vote on the outcome of issues, this takes time with different time zones... You have to be able to balance it all with your life, family and lifestyle.
Those names eventually are put forward as prospects, we discuss their interactions here on the Forum and our personal experiences with each one of them and shorten the list down. Then there is an application process and a review of each potential mod's answers and it must be unanimous by all existing Mods. The existing Mods have to be able to work and trust the new additions to the family... that they will put the Forum's best interest first.
Oh ya... and they have to be crazy avid fish keepers.
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #18 
BETTACHKALOVE

Wow so much defecated time!!! How much we love our bettas:)
So do they get paid? Sorry i am embarrassed to ask , is it ok to ask this? It is so helpful to many people to learn and so many bettas to survive! I am really admire, appreciate,stunned !!!!
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #19 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Pay?.... NOPE!! ZERO Pay! Let me make that very clear.....

$0.00...Zero....Nothing!.....Totally Voluntary...

so you really need to be one of those people who dearly loves punishment. LOL.
If you are reading this and are thinking "But I want to help people with their fish!".... then stay a regular member or become part of the Reference Team... those are the "helpers". Answer posts as much as possible. Welcome the New Members!
Help TFK and BF stay the AWESOME Forums that they are!
Our Governing Principle is "Family Friendly". We have members from 10 years old and up... So the Mods clean up bad language, settle disagreements, keep the Forums clear of Spam and Trolls. Keep "heated" or "inappropriate" topics controlled. Yes when necessary we WILL edit and censor. We will give Infractions, Warnings and Ban members for breaking rules... but only when necessary. We're here to make sure that the Forums run smoothly and correct issues as they arise...keep things FUN. Since we can't be everywhere we need our members to keep their eyes open to things that need correcting. Just use the "Alert" Button if you see anything not in keeping with our "Family Friendly" motto. We'll take action behind the scenes or post in the offending thread to bring things back in line.

We all have jobs/life outside the forum... we just happen to be crazy fish keepers too.
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #20 
cowboy

Wow I think it would be a rush to help
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote