Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #11 
shannonpwns

I hope he's okay too, and that she'll even let you take him still. Maybe she just changed her mind.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #12 
Emparios

I hope he's okay, too, but he should be :) When I got my first betta, when I was about six, he lived in a half-gallon with once a week changes, a scrawny plant, and a glass floating fish for five years. I know betta now, though (oh the puns XD ), so I keep my newer ones in bigger tanks with frequent changes, but they can survive in worse conditions. How do you think any remain alive at the stores that don't care properly for them?

On another note, do you have your friend's email? You can always email her asking if she wants to come over to your house to hang out, and just say somewhere in it that you were wondering how Thud was doing, and ask if she was still bored with him.
Emparios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #13 
GinjaHaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emparios View Post
I hope he's okay, too, but he should be :) When I got my first betta, when I was about six, he lived in a half-gallon with once a week changes, a scrawny plant, and a glass floating fish for five years. I know betta now, though (oh the puns XD ), so I keep my newer ones in bigger tanks with frequent changes, but they can survive in worse conditions. How do you think any remain alive at the stores that don't care properly for them?

On another note, do you have your friend's email? You can always email her asking if she wants to come over to your house to hang out, and just say somewhere in it that you were wondering how Thud was doing, and ask if she was still bored with him.
I honestly don't know about Thud though. When she first got him, she went back to PetSmart to get more fish to put in the 1 gal bowl with him, and I didn't know this until she just up said "I got more fish yesterday, but one is already dead." They where 4 female bettas..all dead within 2 weeks. Like seriously...that's ridiculous.
But anyway, I was thinking of going to her town and eating lunch with her soon and just say I want to see her new Guinea Pig, Maggie. Inconspicuously check on Thud while I'm there and say something before I leave.
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #14 
tigerhappy26

You should just ask her if you can come over and them mention the fish
tigerhappy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #15 
GinjaHaZ

I figured I'd just post here again instead of a new thread and what not, but I finally got an update on Thud after asking 3 times. He's alive...still in a 1gal bowl with once a week changed. My friend said half of his tail is already gone....He was such a beautiful black and white HM...

When I went to get my newest betta, Sheeran, yesterday, she said "you don't need another stupid fish... They don't matter." She calmed down after I said something about her beloved guinea pig being an over priced rodent. (though I do love guinea pigs as well). She's not going to give me Thud so I'm just going to give her a plant since he's biting his tail. But I still feel really bad...
Old 07-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

this makes me uber sad...I'm sorry and I'm really sorry for Thud too

Perhaps you can do a midnight break-in or something and snatch him? lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #17 
GinjaHaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
this makes me uber sad...I'm sorry and I'm really sorry for Thud too

Perhaps you can do a midnight break-in or something and snatch him? lol
yeah, me too... but all I can really do now is give/buy her some plants and hope she uses them.
...Though it literally wouldn't be too hard to fishnap Thud. lol but I'm going to stick with my first idea for now.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lol okay, if the plant idea doesn't work then we can look into fish-napping right? haha
Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #19 
GinjaHaZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
lol okay, if the plant idea doesn't work then we can look into fish-napping right? haha
lol XD most definitely. Matrix my way through her garage door and the 4 steps it takes to get to the kitchen counter. lol
Old 07-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #20 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lmao! That's great XD

Tags
confused, dead, friends