Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #1 
Kim

Awesome Decorations :)

Well, I visited a new pet store the other day, and they had the most amazing decorations! It gave me so many ideas for new tanks . They had beautiful silk flowers- all I could think of was a flower garden tank, and some really impressive fake bamboo with silk leaves- can you say Asian tank! It is so tempting to ask for a heater for my spare 10 gal for Christmas so that I can set it up! They also had nice clay pot things, nice silk plants, and some neat river stones and driftwood. It was all so tempting!

Also, I was at Walmart the other day and the bettas' cups were so cloudy, but they were beautiful! It made me so sad because they are treated so badly, but I had to look any way. There was a bright yellow VT, a turquois and red CT, and orange VT, a cellophane VT, a VT with a yellow body and clear fins with irridescent blue highlights....oh how I wish I could have saved them all .
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #2 
ChristinaRoss

itss always so tempting to bring more home.......i have got to start limiting myself somehow lol

im only getting certain colors at this point, unless, someone strikes my fancy of course hehe
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

They sound beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #4 
AngelicScars

So very hard to look at bettas and just leave them at the store.
:hijack:
Speaking of, while I was at Petco the other day I had at least 3 people ask me if I wanted help. I'd say no thank you and as they'd walk away I'd throw in a...I'd rather not be misinformed, thanks.
:end hijack:
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #5 
Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicScars View Post
So very hard to look at bettas and just leave them at the store.
:hijack:
Speaking of, while I was at Petco the other day I had at least 3 people ask me if I wanted help. I'd say no thank you and as they'd walk away I'd throw in a...I'd rather not be misinformed, thanks.
:end hijack:
Haha . I've gotten sick of listening to Petco employees try to sell their little betta torture traps...not to mention that several bettas that I've recently gotten from there have had bad SBD for weeks, and I just found out that the latest addition has internal parasites . I have decided that the next betta that I buy will be from a reputable breeder even though it'll cost me more. I'm sick of supporting this industry.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #6 
5green

i would do the same but putting all that stress on a betta for the ride doesnt seem worth it
5green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 PM   #7 
AngelicScars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5green View Post
i would do the same but putting all that stress on a betta for the ride doesnt seem worth it
Well, I don't know. I have bought from a breeder in Thailand and they came in MUCH better condition then most bettas in the pet stores down the street. Actually, they were fine! They had all of their color, no stress stripes or anything.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #8 
doggyhog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5green View Post
The bettas are shipped to the pet store any way. Not to mention they are shipped in terrible conditions.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #9 
k stiles

Location: on a high cliff above the sky, watching over the earth, there I stand...
ya they are shipped in like a teaspoon of water (i saw a pic of it)
k stiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #10 
CodeRed

Lol, people at Petco just don't bother with me anymore. In fact, one guy always asks me how many I have now. Last time I was there, he asked if the betta I was buying was number eighteen (it was ten, lol). It's kind of funny for me. They know I'm insane :P
And I REALLY wish I could find some new decorations around here. They're all the same now ): There's one pet store I haven't visited yet, I'll probably go there sometime this month. I'm excited :D
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote