Betta Fish Forum banner

Awesome Decorations :)

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Calmwaters 
#1 ·
Well, I visited a new pet store the other day, and they had the most amazing decorations! It gave me so many ideas for new tanks :p. They had beautiful silk flowers- all I could think of was a flower garden tank, and some really impressive fake bamboo with silk leaves- can you say Asian tank! It is so tempting to ask for a heater for my spare 10 gal for Christmas so that I can set it up! They also had nice clay pot things, nice silk plants, and some neat river stones and driftwood. It was all so tempting!

Also, I was at Walmart the other day and the bettas' cups were so cloudy, but they were beautiful! It made me so sad because they are treated so badly, but I had to look any way. There was a bright yellow VT, a turquois and red CT, and orange VT, a cellophane VT, a VT with a yellow body and clear fins with irridescent blue highlights....oh how I wish I could have saved them all :-(.

#2 ·
itss always so tempting to bring more home.......i have got to start limiting myself somehow lol

im only getting certain colors at this point, unless, someone strikes my fancy of course hehe

#4 ·
So very hard to look at bettas and just leave them at the store.
:hijack:
Speaking of, while I was at Petco the other day I had at least 3 people ask me if I wanted help. I'd say no thank you and as they'd walk away I'd throw in a...I'd rather not be misinformed, thanks.
:end hijack:

#5 ·
Haha :p. I've gotten sick of listening to Petco employees try to sell their little betta torture traps...not to mention that several bettas that I've recently gotten from there have had bad SBD for weeks, and I just found out that the latest addition has internal parasites :evil:. I have decided that the next betta that I buy will be from a reputable breeder even though it'll cost me more. I'm sick of supporting this industry.

#6 ·
i would do the same but putting all that stress on a betta for the ride doesnt seem worth it

#9 ·
ya they are shipped in like a teaspoon of water (i saw a pic of it)

#10 ·
Lol, people at Petco just don't bother with me anymore. In fact, one guy always asks me how many I have now. Last time I was there, he asked if the betta I was buying was number eighteen (it was ten, lol). It's kind of funny for me. They know I'm insane :p
And I REALLY wish I could find some new decorations around here. They're all the same now ): There's one pet store I haven't visited yet, I'll probably go there sometime this month. I'm excited :D

#12 ·
I alternate stores I buy bettas from. I just noticed that. It's always from Petco(apart from Chance), but in different towns. The people at Petsmart are nice though! One older cashier, when I bought my peppered cories, asked me about my fish. She said that at one time she had over 100 cories in several tanks. 8O That's a lot of algae wafers!

#15 ·
I get the same thing at petsmart near my office they all know me by now most even know my name LOL they know I will find them if I need them. I am lucky with my petsmart the people they have there are smart and all almost all of them are very good about knowing how to take care of fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.