Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #71 
IndigoChild311

Today was just a normal day of feeding Mojo and Humphrey.
Mojo seems quite pleased with his 1 gallon bowl atop the fire place mantel where he can look at everyone passing by.
Humphrey, I think knows something is up. (He's been flaring at me all day, knowing I'm keeping secrets from him) I've been planning for quite a while to get my friend a betta for her birthday and purchasing a small heater for a new 1.5-2 gallon vase I'm going to put Humphrey in.
I'm also considering getting a moss ball and cutting it up into 3 moss balls.
IndigoChild311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 PM   #72 
Polkadot

I usually do water changes on Saturdays but I finished work early so did them all today.And.........Button made his very first bubble nest!!!!!!!!!!!
I hated to wreck it for him,but I had to disturb it during the clean,I tried to go around it but unfortunately bumped it.It was a really great looking one though & so cute!
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #73 
Lights106

I had to do an emergency water change. He ammonia spiked in my 5 gal. And randomly my filter stopped working. So I had to figure that out.
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #74 
Polkadot

Today was wc day,I also gave the sponges in the filters a clean.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:03 AM   #75 
Polkadot

I usually do wc day on Saturday but we are going to have really cold weather this weekend,so Friday was wc day this week.All 3 little boys had fun chasing the gravel vac & bubble surfing when the new water was poured in.Because it's winter time I just pour the water carefully in straight from the bucket (instead of cupping it back in) so the heater is off for as short a time as possible.I think I'll do it this way all the time whatever the weather is as it's way faster.

Last edited by Polkadot; 07-19-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #76 
Flyby Stardancer

I normally check my ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels once a day, but today was my weekly full-panel test where I also checked the pH and both forms of hardness. I also did a 50% water change, changed the baffle on the filter from a water bottle one to two sponges (pre-filter and at the outflow), and added half of an IAL to boyfish's tank.

And then after all the changes, both him and babyfish got frozen bloodworms to eat. :)
Flyby Stardancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #77 
Graceful

Today I fed my rasboras, admired my snails (the baby ramshorns have doubled in size!), and visited my LFS. I bought an aquarium vacuum, too, and ogled the bettas. Fell in love with a real beauty. But I'm not quite ready for another betta just yet.
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:33 PM   #78 
Saber

Today I did some water changes and fed my guys, but most importantly, my mom brought the betta from her workplace home. Almost his whole tail is shredded and deteriorated, poor guy. He's very active though. I set him up in his very own 1g kritter keeper so his water changes will be quick and easy. I hope he's feeling better!
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #79 
GinjaHaZ

I just did a 100% water change today, moved Lucifer's tank into the dinning/kitchen area, and fed him. He seems to really like his new set up.
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #80 
Graceful

Today I finally switched the lighting from incandescent to fluorescent. Hopefully this means my plants will begin to thrive and my nitrates will be more manageable.
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote