Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #1 
HeadlessLegoMom

Talking Priceless

Buying a betta fish: $3
Upgrading to a 3 gallon tank: $29
Decorations & toys for tank: $36

The face your fish makes while christening his new tank? PRICELESS!!!
HeadlessLegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 AM   #2 
Saber

LOL this gave me a good chuckle!!
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #3 
LittleDeer

Wait till you realize you've spent hundreds of dollars on your Betta xD

I have spent nearly $200 on my Bettas in the past 3.5 months I've been seriously keeping fish. I know others where it is much more extreme.

I don't regret it at all, though. My fish make me so incredibly happy when I'm around them, and that's saying a lot from someone who suffers from depression and severe anxiety. My Bettas calm me and listen to me and actually pay attention. But they aren't very demanding as far as care, so I don't feel bad about not giving them special interaction or care on my off days, like I did with my rats.

What my Bettas have given me is definitely worth all the time and money I have given to them :)
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #4 
BettaLover1313

I know I've spent at least $100 on my bettas, but I agree with LittleDeer-all of it is worth the happiness my two boys bring me!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #5 
Stone

I personally do not want to add up the costs of all of my tanks and equiptment let alone the plants, right now i have 11 tanks up and running, all of them planted with driftwood and ornaments and so on, then there is all the filters and lighting and substrate, and then there is the fish in my 46 gallon bowfront i have about 35 fish.........
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #6 
LittleDeer

Oh goodness Stone. Yeah, that math may have scary results. I have 5 tanks but they are a ten gallon, a 5 gallon, and three 2 gallons. But I got my 5gal for free with filter, and the ten was in my basement.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #7 
Seki

Hm... adding up fish costs... yeah, I don't even want to do that. I have six tanks running right now and a total of eleven bettas (8 girls, 3 boys). Rough estimate? Ah... probably around $300 thus far. One of my smaller tanks was free as we had it in the basement. Everything else cost money, though. Gravels, sand, plants, decor, filters, replacement bulbs, even the bettas themselves (some of them were pretty pricey considering I like some of the more expensive tail types).

I'm afraid if I actually add this all up, I'm gonna be higher than I think, and... yeah, I don't wanna think about it. My fish make me happy, but I'm not in the very best of financial situations right now, so... it's debatable whether spending all the money on fish was the best decision for me. But it's spent and I love my fish, so no big.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #8 
HeadlessLegoMom

I certainly didn't add up all the expenses! It is probably closer to $200 and I only have ONE fish. When I started to calculate, I got slightly nausaeated, but I couldn't resist for this thread because I thought it would make people smile.
HeadlessLegoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #9 
miscanon

I just spent ~$80 on my new tank and everything for it! I'm ready to spend more, too, but I'm going back and forth between school and home so much right now, I don't think I can do another tank!
miscanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #10 
tigerhappy26

Hey is that a 3g halfmoon tank?I think we have the same one
tigerhappy26 is offline   Reply With Quote