Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #11 
sassyfriend

He spit his food out again!!!!! What am I going to do?! Is Matthew going to die? OMG Oh My Gandalf!!!!! What the heck is he doing this for?

Changed his water yesterday. What about those little heater pads you put under the tank will that be alright?
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #12 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
He spit his food out again!!!!! What am I going to do?! Is Matthew going to die? OMG Oh My Gandalf!!!!! What the heck is he doing this for?

Changed his water yesterday. What about those little heater pads you put under the tank will that be alright?
Hi sassyfriend if Matthew is spitting out his food he may not like the food you are giving him, you should try to cut the pellet in half or crush it up and see if he will eat it that way. You could try another type of Betta food, I really like and use the New Life Spectrum Betta pellets or the Omega One Betta pellets or flakes is also another great brand and both these brands of Betta food is very healthy for Bettas. Try offering the pellets to him just in case he decides he is hungry and wants to try one.

Using a heating pad may not be a good idea since it would be difficult to control the temp of the water unless you kept a close eye on the temp of the water to see how warm its getting without overheating the water.

If you can get a adjustable heater and the purpose of heaters is to keep the water at a stable temp. I use a adjustable heater and keep my tank at 79 degrees.

I hope this helps and that Matthew will start to eat ...keep us updated on how he is doing.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #13 
sassyfriend

Ok will try to get those foods and I will let you know.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #14 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
Ok will try to get those foods and I will let you know.
Do not need to buy all those foods, New Life Spectrum Betta pellets would be enough.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #15 
sassyfriend

ok will try to find them