Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #11 
Lena N

Thank you lilnaugrim! He started to hide in leaves now every time I approach the tank. Can it be that he became blind and doesnt see well and afraid of shadows. How to check if he sees well? I fed him in the morning and it looked he could find pellets. Not as fast as before but he saw them. He really miss his buddy Cherryk, he constatly was looking through devider the first 2 days. Great I can add Epsom salt to tank. If I start catching him now, he would die from heart attack.

Last edited by Lena N; 07-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol yeah, you can add the Epsom right to the tank so it might be easier to treat him that way then trying to get meds and him in a hospital tank.

When you do try to catch him and put him in a cup, try feeding him more when he's in the cup, even if he's been fed that day it's okay. And then he can associate the cup with food and not with stress, it will take a while but it's worth it in the end

I don't think he's blind, it can happen for sure but I don't think it's very probable is all. I notice sometimes my boy's don't always go straight for food either sometimes if they're too stuffed or just plain didn't see it like if it's behind them or something. Idk, Betta's a quirky

I hope Blueno get's better soon though!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote