Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #11 
djembekah

Awe what pretty girls :) glad they're doing so well! Sorry to hear about your betta father dying though. I've lost three bettas this week, and one more has also been fighting dropsy. I'm worried i will havr to let him go soon.

To be on topic-ish (though i'd love seeing more pics of babies too!) , I think i notice a sort of dark spot near my female swordtail's abdomen when she's pregnant. I've never seen fry though, I've got lots of fish that like eating everything with my livebearer types.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #12 
Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Oooh good chance then! :) lets hope! Ariannas dad and i both have green eyes so we were pleased to see she had blue :P
She's very pretty!!! You don't think hers will change to green? Even if they do, she's stunning. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
Awe what pretty girls :) glad they're doing so well! Sorry to hear about your betta father dying though. I've lost three bettas this week, and one more has also been fighting dropsy. I'm worried i will havr to let him go soon.

To be on topic-ish (though i'd love seeing more pics of babies too!) , I think i notice a sort of dark spot near my female swordtail's abdomen when she's pregnant. I've never seen fry though, I've got lots of fish that like eating everything with my livebearer types.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! They are gorgeous!

As for your pregnant swordtail, you can buy a breeding trap if you think she's close, when she has the babies, they're drop down to the bottom where she or anyone else can't eat them, then take her out and take the birthing portion out and they babies will have a safe place to swim about until you have another tank/or netted/divided section for them ready. You can tell if she's not eating, and hanging around the heater or away from other fish that she's close. Same as with the guppies! Congrats!!!
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #13 
BeautifulBetta

Thanks you two for the help AND compliments haha. Not sure if Ariannas eyes will stay, I think they will by now, I think they usually change around 9 months. As for the guppies, I do hope they're expecting haha, I looove genetics, and I've missed fish breeding. The yellow guppy was kinda alone a lot of the day, she stayed away from the others. Doesn't look ready to drop though, maybe she's just a weirdo hahahaa
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #14 
Lamb

That's how I feel about Chiara's eyes, she's almost 11 months old now and they haven't changed. Lol.

As for the yellow guppy, she is tiny and young, so she won't show too much until after the first batch of fry. I have a blue girl I got about 2 weeks ago, and I could only see a tiny gravid spot. Well she had 4 fry. Lol. Now she's pregnant again (they can get pregnant with another batch, while they're still carrying one) and she's HUGE! :) I do use the fry to feed my betta though. They are just store bought guppies so their lines are crossed a lot. I used to have red moscows, and kept their line pure and didn't feed them to anyone. But these, I feel will just overpopulate if I don't.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:30 AM   #15 
BeautifulBetta

Haha they really are the rabbits of the fish world, arent they? Weird they can store the sperm for later, glad we dont do that lmfao!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #16 
djembekah

Oh god. that'd make for interesting episodes of like, Maury and Jerry Springer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #17 
Lamb

Oh geez! I don't even want to think about that!!!!! I still haven't been able to sleep through the night. Lol. I couldn't imagine having another. O.O

Did you guys know that it IS possible to be pregnant by two men at once? There's a very tiny window to it, but it's possible! Crazy!

Sorry, I know a LOT of useless information. Don't know why, but that's what seems to soak in. :D BTW I'm befriending you guys.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #18 
BeautifulBetta

Lmaooo oh man, maury and jerry springer sounds like a nightmare hahaha. I have heard of twins having two different fathers, thats sooo strange. I hold really useless info too, and i forget the important stuff LOL. Yay new friends!!! :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #19 
djembekah

^-^
Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #20 
BeautifulBetta

Heres a video i took earlier, trying to get pics of fast moving pregnant guppies is a pain lmfao. http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps7c7c3091.mp4

Tags
guppies, guppy, pregnant