Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #9721 
Viva

Root tabs - they are a hard, pebble sized, round tab that you put in the substrate to give root plants like crypts and swords nutrients.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #9722 
carlos puron

Well just a little update of my tanks I was able to get a betta in my community aquarium so he's sharing home with my schools of tetras it's been 4 days without any problems but I have a 3 gallon tank ready just in case
Attached Images

carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #9723 
Bounce

Thanks, Graceful! It's just a 10 gallon.

I use the Seachem Flourish root tabs. They are just a fertilizer tablet that is pushed into the substrate near a rooted plant to provide nutrients directly to the root zone.
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #9724 
Sylverlilly

Everyone has such nice looking tanks. Stormy's home has no theme really, but I wanted to share anyway and just see what everyone thinks.

his tank lit up. I don't turn the light on too much because of warm weather. his hidey hole log. playing peekaboo by his plants.
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #9725 
carlos puron

It looks pretty cool I like your tanks I know most of the people has such pretty amazing tanks in here but even the smallest and more simple tanks are pretty the most important thing in here is the effort that we take trying to hive our bettas a nice place to live
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #9726 
Sylverlilly

thanks Carlos :) ya it is simple compared to some tanks lol, but he seems to like it and has enough comfy spots that I don't want change the whole thing on him.
Sylverlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #9727 
Graceful

Update on my tank: changed lights from incandescent to fluorescent. Anacharis has pretty much tripled since I got it 3 months ago.

Nitrates are about 25 ppm. I am aiming to lower them to 0-5 ppm. I'm doing diligent water changes, and since I've changed the lighting, my plants should begin absorbing more nitrates.

Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #9728 
Jaychlosar

Finally got our tank all set up for Findlay. Its around 37 litres (10 gallons US) We have had huge problems getting the water right before adding him in. We have Nitrates that are through the roof. We have since added IAL, so hope that helps to add some nutrients to the water. Does anyone else have problems with their fish being little piggies. Ours always seems hungry, and makes us constantly feel guilty, giving us the evil eye anytime we are close. Also, he seems very docile and friendly and hardly ever flares. I though these guys were supposed to be agro?
Jaychlosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #9729 
Jaychlosar

Jaychlosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #9730 
Perceus123

Not a great picture, but... Unnamed female betta's home:
Attached Images

Perceus123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank