Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #11 
fishyinpa

Nice DQ! I went to a diff. petsmart here and there was a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about. Just about all the others dont know crap. I have two close lfs' and neither seem to know very much. I think the most knowledgeable lfs i went to was in Ohio!!

Ive gotten from petsmart,petco,lfs,pet store at the mall and from all the stores they have died.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #12 
Elektra

ugh... i know the 5"x5" cubes they sell to keep bettas are horrible...
both my females i bought from petco had ich... i didn't notice at fist cause it was impossible to see correctly with them in the little cups... luckily there were several threads on the forum to help me and they are now both pulling through
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 AM   #13 
ChristinaRoss

ya know its absolutely ridiculous at how many stores i have to go to to get decent suplies, plants and fish.

1. petsmart for female bettas
2. petco for male bettas
3. a different petsmart for REAL aquatic plants, they sell that crap in the tubes that is NOT aquatic grrrr
4. a LFS (45) miles away for my guppies
5. walmart for certain supplies
6. a different petsmart for snails

holy cow this addiction would be real convenient if i could go to one place that sold decent fish AND supplies AND plants at DECENT prices.......grrrrr

so who wants to help finance a store for me??? lol
laughing here, but also very serious, id love to run another store again
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, it would be nice to have ONE store where you could get ALL your supplies. You can go broke paying for the gas to get you to all these places! lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #15 
ChristinaRoss

jeez i never even considered the gas LOL
ChristinaRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #16 
MrVampire181

It's so different here. If you see a dead one and take it to them they're like "thanks for lettin me know, to bad looked like a pretty fish"
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #17 
BakaMandy

:D Went to my local PetSmart yesterday... Happy to report no dead bettas! The water in all their cups was exceptionally clean, only a few cases of what seemed to be fin rot.

Their 'how to take care of a betta' sign was incorrect though and I didn't quiz the employees xD; Although they were all busily running around maintaining the tanks. I feel bad for the goldfish though, they seem neglected cause saw a few dead ones in those tanks ):

But it's probably one of the only stores in the whole city that takes good care of their bettas. The other stores I've been to always keep them in filthy water ~_~; and know very little or next to nothing about any of the animals they're trying to sell.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #18 
Jupiter

Hmm, i know. I tried to go out and find some medicine for my CT today at a Walmart and Zellers close to my school...nada! Zellers had half a shelf with some silk plants and flake food for their fish section.
Walmart was better stocked, but only had things like water conditioner and Melafix.

I wish I could go to a petstore, but I didn't have time. My school's not in Ottawa, so it takes far too long to go in.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote