Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #11 
Hirelena

Good stuff, Ill keep that in mind. Im going to change the tank tonight, and nothing says non-stress than new food! A -num num. ^^

That and poke around my room to find some new things that float for their tank lol. A top of a pill bottle keeps Aya busy but its too big for Celes....mm... *digs*
Hirelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Haha, indeed, I usually like to feed bloodworms after I do WCs....good to know I'm not the only one that makes that connection xD

lol, how cute! I've been looking for a plastic egg from my brothers room to try with Nova or Wally....so far, no luck D: I need to go get some ping pong balls...I tried a marble in my bare bottom 5 gallon, but Smore seems unamused and my mom came in and commented '....You've been a bad fish, you only get one marble'
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #13 
Hirelena

Awesome commenting Lol.

And that tidbit of info came from this forum hehe, so I wasnt awesome enough to notice that lol.

I got little beads on the bottom for Celestine, but she doesnt seem to care either lol. The female is a little bit of a picky aggressive thing.

Id use a ball but to keep the two of them mating (bad thing for a newbie Betta owner) I got a breeders cage in it floating on the side of our 2 gal tank to keep em apart. So there isnt enough room v.v
Old 10-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #14 
DragonFish

lol, yes, she comes in and talks to my fish xD and Max, her betta, she sings to xD

It was another forum where I read about ping pong balls and marbles...and a few other things, can't remember them all now D:

Hmm....the breeder is only temporary though, correct? And the lid is on it? If I need to QT one of my girls because she ate too much, they'll jump out if I don't put the lid on....
Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #15 
Hirelena

I switch Aya and Celestine in and out of the breeder so neither is stuck in it for long. But that way they wont breed lol and I dont need to get a new tank. Happily enough the only problem I have with the tank is that they go through a little bout of boredom being in it which can easily be fixed by putting my face by the tank which gets their attention quickly.

And yea, I had problems with Aya jumping out of the breeders thing and going after Celes in the middle of the night. The lid quickly fixed that problem lol. We had a pure white goldfish named Sesshomaru, and one night he committed fishie suicide because we had no lid. Lids = <3
Old 10-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #16 
DragonFish

Hmm....you should get another tank anyway, kritter keepers work great. 2 gallons is really the minimum for one betta...and even with switching them out, its not healthy to have two in such a small space....also, the problem you'd have would be more along the lines of one killing the other, rather then them breeding.
Go snag a medium kritter keeper, their not that expensive, and one of those Hydro mini heaters. Trust me, your bettas will be much happier with the extra space AND you'll have room for a ping pong ball or something of the like ^-^

Buuuuut, omg, Sesshy! 8D Inuyasha is <33
Old 10-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #17 
Hirelena

I got one of those mini heaters in there now, and I swear it stopped working. I got a vase which I could switch one into, but with it not being heated and all I thought it would be best to keep them in a heated tank.

And yea we were sad to see Sessy go, but we learned never to buy white fish/animals (had a friend with a guinea pig) and named them after semi evil charcs lol. They all want to kill themselves.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Yup, temporarily it'll be okay....but long term, its not the best plan. You'll definitely want to get another tank and heater at some point...the sooner, the better of course^-^;

xDD lol So far, I've had no problems with Sasuke....though hes definitely grumpy and emo
Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #19 
dr2b

Frozen has two problems: 1) it is less nutritious than live, and 2) you have to keep it in the freezer.

Freeze-drying preserves most of the nutrients in the food, without the problems of parasites (the process kills any that might be present). Also, once in the water, the freeze-dried worms seem more like live ones. They quickly absorb the water and resemble live worms.

I use freezedried and frozen foods. It is faster for me to feed freezedried because my fish are a little slow to see the frozen foods lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #20 
Hirelena

Better watch Sasuke, one day he just might go nuts and bug out at a female LOL. Ninja's are sneaky that way.

But your right, I need a new tank, I feel bad keeping one in that breeders thingie gotta find one with a heater if possible.

Tags
bloodworns, food, opinion