Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2009, 12:02 AM   #1 
monkeylover

How long does it take need answer quick dont need another dead fish

NOw i got a new question how long does it take for a betta to catch dropsy after its been exposed unfortunally my baby died and i got a new one but i have thousasnds more i just think i put it in the tank with other s that just have it and i just found out i removed her and put her in a differnt bowl idk what to do how long does it take to catch it???
monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:23 AM   #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylover View Post
NOw i got a new question how long does it take for a betta to catch dropsy after its been exposed unfortunally my baby died and i got a new one but i have thousasnds more i just think i put it in the tank with other s that just have it and i just found out i removed her and put her in a differnt bowl idk what to do how long does it take to catch it???
Google information on causes of dropsy in tropical fish. I think you will find that Dropsy is not something fish catch ,but rather a symptom,, usually associated with declining water quality.
Water must test zero for ammonia and nitrites and nitrAtes should be no higher than twenty. these readings must hold all day every day. Fish Don't CATCH dropsy.

Last edited by 1077; 10-26-2009 at 04:26 AM.
1077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #3 

That would depend upon what caused the dropsy in the first place. Dropsy itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of one. Often it can be bacterial. I am not sure exactly what the risk of contamination would be, though... Perhaps it is a good idea to clean the first tank thoroughly (without soap) before using it again? Hopefully some others will have input as well.
7103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #4 
monkeylover

i cleaned the tank really good again its just i dont want any other fish to get it i took the new fish out and put it in a separate bowl so she wont have it as the other fish do now
monkeylover is offline   Reply With Quote