Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #11 
kimt

I found him. He was dead of course. I pulled out the hutch a few inches this morning and shone the flash light back there but I didn't see him. I looked again this evening and the light caught the blue in his eye. He was dried up completely and he had darkened to almost the same color as my hard wood floors which is why I didn't see him this morning. The flash light just caught the blue in his eye tonight and that is when I saw him. I feel terrible. I wonder if I might have been able to save him if I had found him this morning. I don't know when he jumped out, it had to have been sometime over night. I fed him around 8pm and turned his light off and he was gone when I went to feed him this morning around 9:30. I cried when I found him. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I know you guys will understand. He might have only been a fish but I enjoy all of my bettas. They all have different personalities. Samson was my only giant and he was very happy go lucky. He was so happy when I got him his 10 gallon tank. He loved all the space and he zoom around the tank. Swim in peace dear friend.
kimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #12 
karenluvsbettas623

.So sorry to hear that. He would have probably already been dead in the morning, 12hr between when you fed him and when you found him missing , you shouldn't feel guilty.
karenluvsbettas623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #13 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimt View Post
I found him. He was dead of course. I pulled out the hutch a few inches this morning and shone the flash light back there but I didn't see him. I looked again this evening and the light caught the blue in his eye. He was dried up completely and he had darkened to almost the same color as my hard wood floors which is why I didn't see him this morning. The flash light just caught the blue in his eye tonight and that is when I saw him. I feel terrible. I wonder if I might have been able to save him if I had found him this morning. I don't know when he jumped out, it had to have been sometime over night. I fed him around 8pm and turned his light off and he was gone when I went to feed him this morning around 9:30. I cried when I found him. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I know you guys will understand. He might have only been a fish but I enjoy all of my bettas. They all have different personalities. Samson was my only giant and he was very happy go lucky. He was so happy when I got him his 10 gallon tank. He loved all the space and he zoom around the tank. Swim in peace dear friend.
S.I.P.
I understand. I was horrified to find my little crowntail dead when I came home from school.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #14 
shannonpwns

Oh no! I was really hoping he was just hiding... I'm so sorry! Poor guy. :( If they only knew that jumping out of the water is bad for them! I wish they could understand us, because I literally tell this to my fish all the time "Dont jump out of your tank Lila, you'll regret it!" She's my notorious jumper during WCs, the second that lid comes off, she's like "yeaaaaaa I'm freeeeeeeeeeee" ...yes, I talk to them out loud.

S.I.P Samson, where you can jump and swim all you want, with all the other Angel Bettas
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #15 
sainthogan

My female jumped out of her tank near her filter once. She was out of the water at least a half an hour, but she was ok amazingly. Her fins and tail had started to dry up and stuck to the floor when I picked her up and it took a while for them to grow back, but she bounced back.
I'm sorry your guy didn't make it. I keep a piece of cardboard over that tiny hole now so that it doesn't happen again.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote