Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #1 
thegameksk

Problems eating

Hi all. My Bettas have problems eating. Its usually the female but sometimes it the same with the male. I feed them pallets. I have freeze dried blood worms that ive tried feeding them but they never seem to want it. With the pallets they charge it when they try to eat it which makes the water move and the pallet move and they miss it. I know I worded that badly. Sorry. The male usually is able to eventually get it but the female isnt. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks.

Last edited by thegameksk; 10-27-2009 at 01:27 AM.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #2 
Jupiter

You keep a male and female together in the same tank? That's a big no-no. But maybe I read that wrong.

Usually my girls get so excited that they charge for the pellets and miss them a few times. Usually I wet my finger so the pellet stick to my finger, and put my finger in front of their faces so they bite it. Works for me.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #3 
thegameksk

I have my tank divided with a divider. I'll try what you suggested for my girl. I worry that she isnt eating since eventually she gives uo and the pellets fall to the bottom of the tank and get between the gem stines.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would try some floating pellets such as Hikari betta bio gold. That may help.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 AM   #5 
thegameksk

I'll try that. These betta bitas I feed them now are supposd to float tought they dont do so for very long. Do the bio gold float long?
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, the bio gold float for awhile.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #7 
Kim

One of my girls has such a tiny mouth that she can't eat the pellets whole, and if she does it gives her SBD because it's so large in her stomach. I crush them with my finger before feeding them to her and she has no problem with that. Also, some of mine miss once in a while because they just get so excited and charge at them- so it's perfectly normal as long as they can eventually eat them. One of my boys jumps like 2" out of the water every time I feed him so I use my finger to direct him to his food (which he pushes to the side in his enthusiam) after he calms down :P
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote