Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #31 
LittleBlueFishlets

It may take a few days to work. In the meantime, offer each one of them a pellet. If they don't eat it within a few minutes, remove it from the tank. (If they eat it, offer them another one.) Try this several times per day.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #32 
sassyfriend

Ok i will try
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #33 
LittleBlueFishlets

Remember to look for mosquito larvae, too.

Or, you can feed them frozen foods. (Ask your local petstore what they carry.) Frozen foods make a mess though, so if you do this, feed them before you do water changes.

Continue to do the water changes with Epsom salt included. (Like how I outlined on the last page.)
Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #34 
sassyfriend

I'm playing songs for them. Hoping i can comfort them especally Matthew.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:59 AM   #35 
LittleBlueFishlets

I'm sorry about Matthew.....

How is Esau doing?
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #36 
sassyfriend

Esau is still having a lot of problems I was too upset yesterday and ready to give up on everything, but today I gave Esau 1 tsp of Epsom salt and hoping that will help. I'm going to let mom handle the water condentir afraid if I do the water in the bucket I will end up killing all the bettas I own and I don't want to chance that happening.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #37 
LittleBlueFishlets

It's great that your Mom can help with this. Don't worry about the conditioner. If you aren't sure, it's OK to add a little extra.... Adding a little more conditioner won't hurt him.

It sounds like you've had other bettas die recently. So I am thinking there is either a bacterial, viral or fungal issue going on.

Questions:
1) How many bettas have you lost?
2) How long have you been having problems?
3) Of the bettas that died -- did they all have the same symptoms that Matthew did? (If they had different symptoms, what were they?)
4) Is there any other information that you or your Mom can think of that could be helpful? The more details you give us, the better.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #38 
sassyfriend

1) How many bettas have you lost? lost 3 includeing Matthew this month also have lost several others before this.

2) How long have you been having problems? Ollie was my longest lived but i can't recall how long its been because it of all of the bettas I've lost.

3) Of the bettas that died -- did they all have the same symptoms that Matthew did? (If they had different symptoms, what were they?)

This is going to be a long list:

Alvin: Had awful red stuff on his gills, treated him with Melfix, seemed to be better than he got it again like 2 days later and died from it.

Baby betta Named Goldie ( She/he was my niece's first betta) : Had him/ her on baby pellets seemed to be ok then when My little niece came over Goldie just didn't act right and died. Also seemed to try to commit suicide.

Mary: Wasn't actting right and buried her face in the rocks and seemed to be commiting suicide.

Joseph: Not sure what was going on but it was pretty sudden

Nickodemus: Have no clue what happened he seemed ok then he just up and started gasping and died. When he died his tail edges turned all black.

Emmanuel: same exact thing that happened with Jospeh.

Ollie: Had him for along time but he was dying so tried to help him by giving him Pelafix or whatever it was called.

Had all for a while before they died though.

4) Is there any other information that you or your Mom can think of that could be helpful? Not sure what other information you need.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:31 AM   #39 
LittleBlueFishlets

Are you able to go to a store like PetSmart? If so, you can try to get these two medications:
1) API General Cure
2) API Triple Sulfa (or) Mardel Maracyn PLUS. (If you are allergic to sulfa medications, do NOT get either of these! Use API Furan 2 instead.)

If you can't get to PetSmart, can you go to Walmart? They have two similar medications that might help. Also buying these at Walmart won't cost as much:
1) Jungle Parasite Clear
2) Jungle Fungus Clear

If you can get these medications, let us know. We can tell you how to add them to Esau's tank.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #40 
sassyfriend

Not sure when I can get to the store