Betta Fish Forum banner

What would the Babys look like?

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I plan on breeding some time, whenever i have time money and ROOM of course! This is not gunna happen for a while, im just curious to know what the children of this pair would look like! I have no idea about genetics or anything! So... ya, let me know, if there is even a way to figure that kinda stuff out that is!

See less See more
#4 ·
actually from what ive read, their coloring is so different they could end up a little strange. probably even kinda mutt like. no offense to anyone, i love them all to but.... if you want the same coloring as parents ive read its best to use the same colors. that why breeders sell male and female pairs that are the same color.

#5 ·
Thats acctually what i would want! haha. I want something different! I read that Cambodian does not go on to the First Generation, then its only one of four of the 2nd Generation. I read it on Bettytalk so i should be reliable... I donno. I dont plan on breeding soon, but those are my 2 fav boys :) OR i would try to do a my Double Tail with my Penny ^^^.

#6 ·
So what are mutt bettas like?

#7 ·
They're just like the ones in petstores, that's why breeders selectively breed so they don't end up with mutts. But I like mutts :)

#8 ·
Ooh...I think they're cute though. All of them are a little different. :p

#9 ·
well what i meant by mutt was very mixed looking. mix the wrong colors and you can end up with muddy colors

#12 ·
I'm with you, if ya ask me there is no ugly bettas. They are all colors for a purpose. I used to have one so ugly he was cute, lol. I figure u breed what ya want, I do. I have had some beautiful mutts!8)

#11 ·
Are they petstore bettas? Or did you buy them from a breeder? If they are from the petstore they probably would have a wide variety of colors on their babies. I think they are beautiful!
Like ChristinaRoss said, if you mix the wrong colors you can end up with a brownish looking fish. Red and Blue are two that can end up like that.

Hope you're successful with whichever pair you decide on!

#13 ·
ya cindylou, i wasnt trying to sat theyd be ugly, was trying to state that if hes looking for paricular colors you have to breed carefully. i love them all though

#15 ·
well good luck! and if u get an orange one, i want it! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.