Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #31 
CodeRed

Yeah, I love this forum because literally no one around me likes fish ): My stepdad says he likes fish, but I can tell he hates my bettas for some reason. o.O; I have no idea why...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #32 
dramaqueen
Banned

Well, at least we have each other to talk to about our fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #33 
nochoramet

Yeah I grew up in a very non-animal loving household. My mom and dad both really don't like them, but to be fair, they never forced me not to have them. My dad was a little more sympathetic, because he loved them as a child. I had my share of animals, until mom got remarried... then my stepdad threw all animals out the door, and put a ban on them. As someone who grew up with cats and dogs and fish and lizards and snakes, this SUCKED!!! So now that I'm in college, I have my 3 bettas that are so spoiled with the fact that I love them (can't buy them big setups unfortunately) but I love them so much. And I'm spreading the disease to my little sisters who now have goldfish hehehe. And yes, people do roll their eyes or give me weird looks, (and my roommates friends actually make fun of me) when I talk about my fishies or talk TO my fishies... to each his (or her) own...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #34 
DewDropFay

My father, luckily is really interested in nontradional pets, by which I mean fish, snakes, lizards, etc. luckily lol He's also taken a few courses in marine biology and kept these sorts of things all his young life ^.^
He's actually how a got my first pet, a Cuban Knight anole. I've kept a couple of others since, and when I told my Dad I wanted a fish tank, he was all for it. Then I wanted a simple betta to put in the ten gallon tank since I'd read that all the fish I had were compatible, and then it turned to breeding ^.^
Luckily, Dad supports it financially, since I'm out of a job at the moment. Too bad I don't live with him, my mother flips everytime I do anything, like change water, ask if I can go get some fish food, scrub out a new tank set up, any of that >.< It's so frustrating, it doesn't even cost her anything, financially or emotionally or any of that crap! lol
DewDropFay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #35 
Zeus

I have to say, I love my fish. He recognizes me and is just like any other pet. I love his company. Wish I could have more.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #36 

It is good to be able to at least read (though I rarely actually post, obviously!) about others' fish. Most of the people around me don't really care, and my roommate along with almost anyone else who comes into my room get very squeamish about what I feed my dwarf frog and betta. Lately I just lie and say that the freeze dried bloodworms are just funny shaped pellets. I don't want any more arguments. My parents are tolerant, and help me transport the tank, but get tired of hearing me talk about them...
7103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

7103, welcome to the forum. You can talk about them all you want here! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote