Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #1 
tngirl92

Question How old is this CT girl?

This is my newest fish, a CT female named Pippa. Does anyone have any ideas about her age and how much more she will grow? I don't know if you can tell from the cup picture, but she is about the length of your pointer finger joint and very skinny, way tinier than my two CT males who I've had for five and one month respectfully. She is basically a glorified speck when she swims in her 2.5 gallon.

Also, any information about her coloring is helpful. She is white-bodied and fairly transparent with burgundy colored fins. How will her coloration change as she grows?
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Her coloration is Cambodian from what I can see and she looks like she's no more than 2.5-3 months old, malnourished as well.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #3 
tngirl92

Hopefully some proper care and tasty Omega One pellets will get her up to speed in no time! I am so in love with this little girl. :)
Old 07-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #4 
tngirl92

Dwarden3 got what I think is her sister. They were from the same Petsmart shipment and look really similar, even in size. What do ya'll think?
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep, I think so too! I agree, tasty Omega pellets will be the best! If you want to fatten them up, feed twice a day and feed about 4 pellets each time if they'll take them. This way they don't have to go a full 24 hours without food and it will help them plump up and grow as well!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #6 
tngirl92

Thank you for that advice. For the first few days, I could only get her to eat bloodworms but she is chowing down on the pellets now like a madwoman.

How common are Cambodian females? I'm wetting myself over thinking I may have gotten a special fish. :D My other petstore boys are beautiful, but their coloring is nothing impressive. Parli is multicolored, and Penfield is solid orange.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #7 
LebronTheBetta

She's beautiful! :3 And, cambodians are quite common. I see a lot in my local fish store, Petsmart, and Petcos. You have a solid orange? That's pretty uncommon! :o
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It depends on the area and the time of year, some spawns will show up more than others. But in my area it's common to see Cambo's and Tri-colors the most and then comes the solids. We've gotten quite a few solid orange VT's lately with very impressive pectorals, huge and long! Crazy I tell ya lol but yeah, just depends on the area and time of year.

Like here all VT's are either red, blue or tri-color so we don't have any fancy Cellophane's, Mustards, Butterflies or even Marbles! So none of the breeders around here want to do anything fancy which makes me sad because then all the VT's are just taken for granted and under appreciated which most are anyway but I feel like it's worse here. I never knew the beauty of them until I came here and was like...WAIT! You mean VT's can be other colors too!?!?!? lol quite funny!