Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #11 
BittyB

Cool name stories. I thought about going for themes, but dunno yet. I do already have a cycled secondary fish tank with plants that currently just has 3 ghosties so lets see if we get a second betta soon.
BittyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #12 
Bettacrab

Inferno becuase he has red fins like fire. Sunny beause he is bright (pink and red)
And sparky because he just felt like a sparky.
I wait for the name to come to me. Took me a month to name sunny,
Bettacrab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #13 
Hopeseeker

Here goes:
Inara from the show "Firefly".
Paarthurnax after the main good dragon in the game "Skyrim". My boyfriend named him.
Link from Nintendo games of the "Zelda" line.
Apollo after the original show from the 70s "Battlestar Galatica". Grew up watching retro shows, I'm only 29....just to let you know..... lol!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #14 
JennNP

My only Betta, Cesar got his name from my boyfriend. I dragged my boyfriend to the pet store and spent at least an hour picking out a fish. My boyfriend would lose interest. I often times would say "Ok..how about this one?" and look up to find he was gone and had wandered somewhere else. I really wanted this to be our fish and him to enjoy the fish as much as I do.

I finally picked one out and we're standing in line at PetCo. I start bugging him to name the fish..I wanted him to have some sense of ownership over our new little pet. He kept saying "I don't know." I kept persisting. He looked up at the magazine rack and saw a Cesar (Cesar Milan- The Dog Whisperer) magazine and said "Cesar." Hence, Cesar!
JennNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #15 
Happyhobbit

Location: You know, that is a very, very good question... and you know, I have an answer for you... somewhere.
Picasso- I named after Pablo Picasso because... to be honest, I can't quite explain... it just fitted him perfectly. It somehow seemed to fit his lovable personality.
Severus- Severus was named after Snape from Harry Potter, and he really lives up to his name. He's a shifty little grump, but I love him to bits.
Happyhobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #16 
jesssan2442

my are kinda wierd but I'll post them anyways!

Mardi: I got him on Mardi gras, and because my cousin who lives in louisiana had gotten a few bettas recently so I saw it to be a fitting name for him!

Mason: I was gonna put him in a divided tank with Mardi so I wanted a name that sounded good with each other! plus it fit him really well!

Mercedes: she was already named when I got her but I really like the name!

Maddux: I wanted him to have a M name like the rest and he put off a really cool vibe so I decided he needed a cool name and this is what I came up with... his nick name is pit bull because his mask makes him look like one and he can be mean and loving just like pit bulls!

I'm starting a sorority in september so I'm thinking of having themed names for them like maybe flowers or candys maybe a show or book! I might also stick with M names but I'm not sure!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #17 
xShainax

Sebastian, Ciel, and Alois get their names from my favorite anime Black Butler
peacock-He reminded me of a peacock when I first got him
Armand-He is named after Armand from the Vampire Chronicles who has red hair and Armand is reddish
Major Tom-Because I was listening to "major Tom when I was thinking of names
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #18 
Midori

Roca - He was named this because of the Almond Roca wrappers where the same color as him we where eating while talking about a name for him.

Almond - He started out a pinkish brown, like an almond. My mom named him. I also had to do with the fact his buddy was named Roca. These two where our first Almond loved Roca so much he died of a broken heart after Roca passed away.

Haru - Named for Hatsuharu from Fruits basket because he was dual colored.

Spark - She was red and she was very perky

Aya - Named for an anime character

Lil'blue Fish - named because she was very tiny and blue.

Zuko - Named after the Fire Nation Prince from Avatar the last airbender. He was a vibrant red.

Mr. Fishy - I was lazy naming him and it stuck. I suited him too.

Yuki - Named for Yuki of Fruits basket. But the name also means 'snow' and he is mostly white.
Midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #19 
GinjaHaZ

Well here are mine.
Lucifer (Red HM) because he's red and has an attitude. When someone walks up to the tank, he looks at them and twitches around and opens his mouth.

Sheeran (Red CT) because I was listening to Ed Sheeran at the time, and it seemed to fit the ginger theme. lol
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote