Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #21 
Lena N

Name:  2013-07-29_145649.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  44.8 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lena n View Post
dear bettachkalove,
i think he looks very similar to first picture espassially his had started to turn green just during 2 last hours.
Lena N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #22 
BETTACHKALOVE

So it is white cottony, fuzzy patches.
If it is then it columnaris and we really need to lower the temperature since it will get worse with the warmer temperature. And treat with medications, it's very fast spreading disease.
So that why i ask it again. I don't want to misdiagnose ...
How he acting is he still eating at all?
Is he very lethargic?
Do you think his behavior got worse?
The reason i am asking that because

Fish also can have excess of the slime coat that is slimy,clear like a mucus NOT white like a fungus. And slime coat fish can have from external parasites, or from salt or medications which will be absolutely normal. But if it slime coat the fish will not change the behavior.
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #23 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Ok it very important question. Does he has white fuzzy, cottony patches on his body?
Or he has slimy,clear like a mucus patches?
Is he acting the same after you raise the temperature or worse?
Мне сложно понять разницу между этими двумя
white fuzzy, cottony patches on his body?
Or he has slimy,clear like a mucus patches?

он как бы покрыт плесенью очень тонким слоем и неравномерно можно сказать что похоже на бархат светлый и пятнами как тигренок.
на мордочке и голове зеленым стало за последние часы, тоже как плесень (на плесень похоже)
He moves only for air, all other time he is hiding under heater. I think he is more latergic now.
Дыхание странное - то почти не дышит, а то жабры(синий капюшон который они расправляют) почти вываливается из жаберных крышек. Показалась что сами жабры внутри краснее чем всегда.

He is very lethargic, but he eat this morning(lunch).
His fins are still glued together, more and more with the time.

turned off heater for now

Last edited by Lena N; 07-29-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #24 
BETTACHKALOVE

It looks like columnar is if he covered with thin layer of that white fuzz.
You need to lower the water very slowly. Lower about 2 * in an hour. What medications do you have besides maracyn II?
The velvet will not have white fuzz it can be like a goldfish shimmer , rust but if you see that white like a mold cover on his body then it columnaris.

Then you need lower the the temp as much as you can but slowly to even 74. And use medications. I don't remember what med's you have
YOu can use
Maracyn 2
I think you wrote that you don't have Kanaplex?
Api Furan 2
Jungle Fungus Clear, Triple sulfa
Do water change again. Add 1tsp/gall of the aquarium salt now .

I am sorry the fungus usually can kill fish pretty fast. So i would really do another water change if it really look like he cover with a white mold
NOT fine gold or rust mist

I wish people someone can come along and help i am afraid to say, let me try to find a picture....
Hold on ...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #25 
BETTACHKALOVE

I just texted someone else for help ...wait...
Old 07-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #26 
Lena N

It doesnt really look like fuzz, more like thin layer of white smth, maybe rust.
I have Jungle Fungus Clear
Quick cure (Malachit green and formalin)
Maracyn 2
General cure
Betta revive
Paraguard

I have levomicitin, furacilin, furozolidon for humans but also useful

If they have in Petsmart or Petco API Furan 2 I can buy it too but they probaby do not, though one local LFS may carry it

Last edited by Lena N; 07-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #27 
BETTACHKALOVE

Wait i still think it velvet. I asked someone else to look at the thread. Wait and let that person to confirm that i am right. I just drove home and was thinking what you wrote in Russian that he covered more in tiger pattern like greenish, brownish then it is velvet. Just do not change the water keep 88* and wait for lilnaugrim i just text her

Last edited by BETTACHKALOVE; 07-29-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #28 
Lena N

Quote:
Originally Posted by BETTACHKALOVE View Post
Wait i still think it velvet. I asked someone else to look at the thread. Wait and let that person to confirm that i am right. I just drove home and was thinking what you wrote in Russian that he covered more in tiger pattern like greenish, brownish then it is velvet. Just do not change the water keep 88* and wait for lilnaugrim i just text her
I also think its velvet. From what I read looks like. Because he felt better from Aq salt but worse from epsom salt. Thuugh his glued together fins worry me most of all. As that fish Noodle had the same fins.

Last edited by Lena N; 07-29-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #29 
NeptunesMom

Lena, did you do the flashlight test? Did you shine a light on him? We need you to do that. That will tell us if it is velvet. Please do this and get back with us. It is not a good idea to recommend medications without figuring out what is going on. We've now spent the day still not sure what is going on with the fish, and potentially medicating for the wrong thing.

Columnaris is deadly and needs to be treated quickly. I've dealt with it twice. I lost one because I waited to treat him while I tried to figure out if it was or wasn't columnaris. The second one, I treated quickly and he survived.

ETA: You do not need a flashlight to see velvet, but it will help to confirm that it is what we are dealing with.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #30 
BETTACHKALOVE

I am pretty sure it is now, i don't know why i got panic because you told me that he is looking like on the first picture. But what you saying now i am analyzing it is velvet so keep the temp up

Sorry lilnaugrim for me texting you and your reading all pages....but at least now you can confirmed what we thinking
Neptunes didn't see your deployed...