About 3 weeks ago I bought a new tank for Salmon (I believe it's around 2gallons). A couple of days ago, I started to notice the white stuff growing on his tank, and realized it was growing on the inside - please see 1st picture. When you look really closely, you can see it moving by the water current (from the filter). Is it bacterial/parasitic at all?
Something seems to be happening to his tail/fins - please see 2nd picture. It was my fault, I had previously kept him in a fishbowl, and although he was happy like that for about 2 months, I noticed he was eventually starting to get clamped fins, so I immediately got him a new tank. His new tank has LED lights at the top, and we usually leave it on, should I be turning it off most of the time? His heater is on the way.
- Although his clamped fins are now better, he doesn't open up like before, he used to open his tail so round like the moon.
- No abnormal behaviour
- Haven't seen him bite his tail
- Eats like a pig, swims around alot, definitely not lethargic
- Likes to hide in his ornaments sometimes
- A few gray spots the size of his scale, but haven't gotten worse at all (over long period of time). I had previously thought it was ick, but it's a few gray patches the exact size of his scale, he had them before I even placed the ornaments in the tank with him.
- Not sure if he's starting to lose his color or if I'm thinking too much. His picture is pretty true to color
I would like to perform a 100% water change, but didn't know if I should try to disinfect the tank at all, or if it's anything harmful. Thank you!!