Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 
DragonFish

The Newest Finned Family Member!

Sooooo its been many, MANY months since I've brought home a new betta; between being sick, surgery, and recovery keeping up with the boys and tanks I had, even after significantly downsizing, was enough of a chore....but now that I'm mostly healed and recovered, I decided that I wanted to set up my Hawkeye 5 gallon again and pick up one more new boy or girl to round the numbers out at 10.
This past weekend I spent with my girlfriend and one of our best friends for his Birthday, and on Friday before we headed over to his house my Girlfriend was kind enough to take me to her local Petco to look for a new betta.
This gorgeous teal/yellow marble PK caught my eye almost immediately, he gave me 'the look', and it was all over.

I ended up deciding to name him Peter Pan after spending a great deal of Saturday watching the various adaptations of it(not to mention its one of my all time favorite stories). Poor little guy had to spend a couple days in his cup, but I was able to get him all set up in his new home last night and finally take some good pictures to share!
Hes quite the character, a VERY energetic and almost overly curious little guy, not at all startled by or afraid of me or my hand...or anything else getting right up close to him, like the camera(which he even flared at this morning) and almost the second I put him in the tank(which I have, of course, started calling Neverland...it needs some work, but I have plans to make it VERY Neverlandish!)he began to explore EVERY inch of the tank VERY enthusiastically! By the way he patrolled the edges and kept running into the silk plants though, I don't think the poor thing had ever seen anything much larger then his little store cup though....he didn't seem to realize that he had to actually swim AROUND his decor to get anywhere, so I assume he probably has never had any. Poor baby. But, hes seemed to have figured it out for the most part now, and apparently quite enjoys wiggling around in the silk leaves and playing in the filter flow. Hes such a fun little guy to watch.

But, enough of my silly rambling and onto the good part....the pictures! Hes been quite distracted with his explorations and adventures, though he did have a few moments where he was just such a little ham! xD Enjoy the pictures!

DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Mmmmm! Thank you for all this lovely eye-candy!! hahah, he's sooo beautiful!!! Down to the little red dots, his irid, the green irid and the little bits of marbling he has! Perfect fish! Perfect photos of a perfect fish! lol I so dearly love the up close pictures of him! Such a cute frowny face! lol Congrats on the new fish!!

lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

I've never seen a fish quite like him! I think he's beautiful!! I love his red dots!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #4 
Huffle Puffles

Beautiful coloring and I just LOVE the fact he looks like he's got a mustache going on! Very dignified.
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #5 
PanActress

He is a beautiful fish! I love his iridescence (I think that's what it's called?) Peter Pan is one of my favorite stories too. You'll have to take some pictures when you get the tank "Neverland-ified." Will it be spring, summer, winter and fall all at the same time?
PanActress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Haha, thanks everyone!! xD Hes certainly a fun little guy to photograph! I don't think I've ever seen another betta quite like him myself either! It'll really be interesting to see how he marbles over time for sure. :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote